Huge Planets

• Hi every one, I've seen lots of ppl talking about huge systems, huge stars and huge planets, but i cant find anything about 'how to' on this board..

I tried to figure it out myself, but it doesnt work properly... Here's an example of what I did:

I want to change the scale of the blue gas giant from 5000 to 140000, so I open solararch.ini, and i added this section:

[Solar]
    nickname = planet_gasblucld_140000
    ids_name = 60203
    ids_info = 60204
    type = PLANET
    DA_archetype = solar\planets\planet_gasblucld\planet_gasblucld_140000.sph
    material_library = solar\planets\planet_gasblucld.txm
    material_library = solar\planets\detailmaps\detailmap_ocean.txm
    material_library = solar\planets\atmosphere.txm
    material_library = solar\planets\planet_gasblucld\planet_gasblucld.mat
    mass = 1000000
    solar_radius = 140000
    shape_name = NNM_SM_MEDIUM_FOREST_MOON

At first look it seems ok but it doesnt work. First, FL explorer cant set atmosphere range and damage zones correctly, I need to ajust theese settings manually, I dont know why and I think my other problem is that i havent opened the .sph file I only renamed it from a copy of the original file planet_gasblucld_5000....

Whent I enter the system the planet isnt there at all.

Do I have to open the file planet_gasblucld_5000 and resize it?

2 years ago i did a system with Jupiter and it's moon, and the planet was 150000k large and everything worked fine, but that's long ago and honestly i cant remember if i edited the .sph file....

What program opens .sph files anyway??

** another question:

Is it possible to fix system dimensions beyond 160k in the ini files or you need hardcoding?

Thank you for your help!! :geek:

• I can't help with the planet issues but the system size is a matter of editing the nav map scale in the universe ini, most vanilla systems are between 1 and 2 but if you change it to 0.4 the system is about 600k square.

[system]
    nickname = my01
    file = systemsmy01my01.ini
    POs = 13, 10
    visit = 128
    strid_name = 196657
    ids_info = 66115
    NavMapScale = 2

Some things to rember is that objects over 250k distant will dissappear visually and the ship gets a bit shaky at the system edges and unless you up the cruise speed significantly it'll takes ages to cross it without tradelanes.

CK256

• thx for the scale tip :)

Yeh I need the FL utf editor wich i cant find anywhere the only link that seems available is a hiden link somwhere in an another thread :

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.lancersreactor.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=328">viewtopic.php?f=13&t=328</a><!-- l -->

but the file is corrupted, cant execute it :(

any links ppl?

thx, very appreciated