Target: Automatic Targeting. Fire? (Y/N)

• Combats are pretty easy with automatic targeting and that red crosses, running in front of hostile ships. How i can turn 'em off and get really hardcore (mwahahaha) gameplay in my mod? :D I'm thinking than finding a .3db file with sprite and wiping him out didn't solve this problem - mouse cursor automatically changes animation in vicinity of auto-targeting spot, and cannons redirecting fire on target, giving almost 100% hits...
    Harder, i want it harder! %)

• Quote from "Freeworlds_Sushi"

I don't think it's possible

Everybody thinks "it's impossible!" in the beginning :D it's depending on modder's experience :D

• i was allways against changin ballance of game as well as changing engine and way game itself is 'feeling'

if u need to turn off autotargeting to make mod hard enough, then there is different problem in ur mod, u have not ballenced it well, and autotargeting wont solve anything, however if u find solution to this problem post it publicaly, so we can make some kind of antycheat

reason is this, once u have found how to hax autotargeting it will b probably b some kind of range on which cursor itself reacts to object, that integer when u put to 0 u will turn off autotargeting, thats what u would like to achive,
    HOWEVER there is alot of ppl which will ABUSE that and instead of making it 0 target they will increase sensitivity MORE, which would result in auto-aim-hackbot.

pls dont forget to give full feed back here so comunity can fight cheaters.

• Even if i work out my brains to death, and find how to turn auto-targeting off, and post the hex coords and values here, and some nasty ppl will make their auto-aim-hackbot... it's will work very badly when targeting at multiple ships, flying in close formation.

Even basic autoaim are constantly ruining my plans to "immediately blast out this ..... heavy fighter, or he's gonna fry my sorry flyin' bucket!", when heavies are staying in formation with light fighters on the each side.

...And of course, if i find a way to turn off auto-targeting, i'll let you all know about it.

• Um, turning off auto-target is easy, isn't it? It's in the equipement ini file. You find the gun you want and change the auto_turret property to false. Or was that something else.........

Don't tell Locke what he can't do.
    And remember always to regenerate!

• Quote from "Conzul"

Um, turning off auto-target is easy, isn't it? It's in the equipement ini file. You find the gun you want and change the auto_turret property to false. Or was that something else.........

That has to do with whether or not NPC will engage another target when they are targeted on something else. What this means is that if it's false, it will not attack any enemy target if it gets in its way, if it's true, it will and continue to move towards its objective ship.

And yes, it's definitely a .exe hack, that I can assure you.