Hey Taw, does this make you happy?

• I'm thinking that you boys need a picture of Your Mullah soon so that you may bathe in my glorious handsomeness, but it would in breach of our strict Tawakalni rules about graven images etc.

• We could promise to fold, spindle and mutilate the picture after viewing it. Though I would doubt we would get a non-tea toweled piccy :D

Proud owner of a MacBook: 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120 GB hard drive
    Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

The time has come, Join The Resistance!

• my wonderfulness would burn your retinas. My towel is as much for your protection as mine so that heathens such as yourself aren't shrivelled to a crisp by the glory that is at the heart ofTawakalnism. See how I think of you even when you are disparaging moi?

• I should have saved the piccy form the time you went hang gliding. That was priceless.

Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

• it was microlighting akshuly and i had to wear that huge flying suit because it was bl**dy cold! Tawakalnistan isn't exactly tropical you know, if you don't wrap up you get chilblains and frostbite as well as drenched. And I had to borrow it because I didn't have one and it didn't fit particularly well. Not that you'd ever get to wear one, not exactly microlighting material are you? They'd have to hire a C-130 for the occasion if you wanted a trip up in the skies over your shack :)

• you look way better without all that fuzz on your mush, Rich. In fact you look rather jovial and pleasant, I would indeed be prepared to buy a bed off you, providing you allowed me to test drive one of your mattresses for a couple of hours in the afternoon after me snappin.

• Just leave the sand at home, then you won't have over loaded luggage. ;)

Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

• the immigration and security people seem to rather resent my towel. They also seem to think that I have exploding shoelaces and that my wristwatch has a hotline to Osama's bedside phone. The fact that I'm usually lugging Mrs Taw's fourteen bungalow-sized suitcases and the kitchen sink and that my wallet is screaming in pain to get back on the plane and I have a look on my face that says "kill me now before she bankrupts me" might, you'd think, give them an inkling that we might just be there for the shopping but no, it's either jump through the silly hoops and answer the silly questions or it's a full cavity search and off to Guantanamo in chains and an orange boiler suit. Hence why we don't bother with your country anymore unless it's absolutely necessary, like the other week.

HOWEVER - speaking of which, having read in El Reg about someone who pulled a similar stunt after getting fed up of being treated like a criminal on the other side of the big water, I decided that this time, seeing I was travelling business class, was on me own, and was in the full work get up, when I got to the security and immigration halt and they asked me what the purpose of my visit to the United States was, I muttered "...security..." and hey presto! it was like Aladdin's bl**dy cave opening. "Say no more, sir..." says the shaven gorilla who'd just moments been eyeing me up suspiciously, and I was whisked past all the fearful looking peons who were going to have to queue for another couple of hours and was on my merry way. I wasn't actually lying, just stretching the truth a bit. So... if da evil tewwowists want to invade 'Merka again, all they have to do is have a shave, wear a suit and tie, fly business class and tell the security man in a passable posh English accent that they're "involved in security" and there won't be a problem, please come in and do what you like Mr Lyn Baden-Powell sir. Didn't even have to prove that my laptop wasn't a liquid bomb this time. Didn't even get a taser pointed at me, although i thought about grassing up the obnoxious pair of loudmouthed Essex oiks who'd been stood behind me giving me lip in the queue, it was great fun watching their faces as I got the red carpet treatment and they got their bags opened and the contents dumped on the floor.

And when I got back to Bretonia 3 days later I didn't even get checked at immigration, although I did have to wait nearly 2 hrs for me luggage at T5 and you've no idea how much I hate flying in or out of Heathrow. Worst airport in the world.

• I'm afraid that my experience of Noo Joysey is limited to Newark airport, Rich, and the road into New York so that Mrs Taw can hit the shops running. But I would like to take more time in the future and explore the NE United States a bit more (and not have my bank account decimated by those expensive retail outlets and restaurants in Mega City One)

• Quote from "Tawakalna"

I'm afraid that my experience of Noo Joysey is limited to Newark airport, Rich, and the road into New York so that Mrs Taw can hit the shops running. But I would like to take more time in the future and explore the NE United States a bit more (and not have my bank account decimated by those expensive retail outlets and restaurants in Mega City One)

come to oklahoma i'll take you to a powwow,it's easy on the pocket book an a blast

• A better beard. Get with the times, Taw old buddy. :D

Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

• Quote from "Finalday"

A better beard. Get with the times, Taw old buddy. :D

so are you going to braid it,you sort of have that viking look ;)

• "better" how? Oddly enough it looks identical to every other time that I've seen it. And what's wrong with wearing a shirt on occasion? I don't want to see your vest and longjohns.

• Quote from "Tawakalna"

"better" how? Oddly enough it looks identical to every other time that I've seen it. And what's wrong with wearing a shirt on occasion? I don't want to see your vest and longjohns.

you can see his long johns :o i thought that was his beard :shock:

• Neither longjohns nor vest. A pair of shorts, and a tanktop tee shirt. ;)

And the beard is the longest it has ever been, though I intend to get it longer still.

Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

• Quote from "Finalday"

Neither longjohns nor vest. A pair of shorts, and a tanktop tee shirt. ;)

And the beard is the longest it has ever been, though I intend to get it longer still.

well FD you know that across the big waters they don't have that sopistication and swauve we have over here,and we don't have to worry about sand fleas like he does,i'm just glad he was able to escape from them,they were hedgeing on how much we were going to make them pay to get him back espeacially after i told them they were going to have to feed him to :lol: