Editing Help

• First post... :D

Anyway, I got a (noob-ish) question about editing/modding :

Is there a way to change the amount of "worth" needed to progress to the next levels?

And which files need editing in order to change a selling location of a fighter (i.e Dagger from Buffalo Base to, let's say Pittsburgh)

And before it's asked: It's for SP gameplay, as I don't play Multi (never did really.)

Any help/suggestions appreciated!

• Not sure about the rank worth, buddy, but the ship selling locations is easy. Look for the "market_ships.ini" file. At each base is a list of all ships in the game, with a sort of switch that tells if that ship is sold there. (Max 3 ships per base). The list is made up of a bunch of ship "packages" that comprise the ship on sale (packaged shield, packaged guns, the actual ship hull, etc). So for instance if you see a line that says:

marketgood = bhe2_package, 26, -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1

bhe2_package refers to the hammerhead bounty hunter ship. the 26 refers to the rank you must be to buy this ship (you can change this).
    the " -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1 " is the switch that says the ship is turned off, or not for sale at that base. To turn the switch on, replace that sequence of numbers with " -1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1" and that ship will be for sale. As always when modding, do yourself a favor and take it slow at first. Typos kill, heh heh. Hope that helps.

PS if you want to mess with the dagger, that package is called something like bwf_package. So find pittsburg in the base list (it'll be li01_02_base), switch the number sequence, and change the level requirement if you like.

Don't tell Locke what he can't do.
    And remember always to regenerate!

• Thanks for pointing out the files.

However, when I open them, I see bunch of pointless characters.

Do I need any (specific) program to, I don't know decompress them or view them?

• Oh, heh sorry. All of the initialization files (.ini) are compressed/encrypted. The attachment is the file you need, but only the file we were talking about. I'm not sure where you can get the full library anymore. This file was taken from the 1.3 SDK.....I think. I have a whole pile of FL resources on my pc and sometimes I mess 'em up. [attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->market_ships.ini<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

• Yeah it's called "BINI" but I'm not sure where it is anymore, and it's antiquated by now.

• for player rank check out ptough ini its in the missions folder also if you more money from missions go to random missions folder diff2money and add one zero at the end of all the money entrys and see what happens.