Life Before Freelancer: Shadow Viper

• From the back of the Bar on Planet Manhatton. A man that was a General during the Solar War looked around at the ppl around the place. His name was General Shadow Viper, ppl just called him the "Viper". The scar going down the left side of his face from the top of his blue eyes to his war-scarred chin seem to stare at ppl in the eye, as if it wanted to fight. Criminals hate him, soldiers fear him, he killed the main leader of the Coalition during the war. He paid for his Liberty Ale and left the bar...

• Viper walked toward the landing pad, ppl walked by unaware of the great war hero walking by them. He was used to this, he wasn't as well known as Generals in the war, but he was still the man who killed the Coalition's leader, doesn't that mean something? His Defender (which has the same things and attributes of a Sabre with Nomad Energy Cannons and a Heavy Fighter Uber Shield) was the golden light of the Liberty fleet. Does that mean something? Wouldn't that get my name noticed? I searched the landing platform for anything suspicious, lately a small group of criminals called the Liberty Rogues have been a pain in New Yorks butt. If I could kill their leader, would that make me known? Only me killing him will tell.

• I regain conciseness, dazed and confused. A man walks up to the tube I'm in.

"Ah, Viper you're awake. How do you feel?" The man asked.

"Dazed, Confused, and hurting all over my body," I say softly.

"Don't think too hard, Viper, you survived a hell of a crash, you could've been killed by those ppl. Luckily a Deep Space Engineering patrol was nearby, or you could've been killed," the man kept rambling on, "You are in the Extensive Injury Hospital on Planet Manhattan, you were transfered here from the medic lab on the academy near the Badlands."

"May I ask a few questions?" I asked.

"Sure Mr. Viper," he answered.

"What happened? How did my ship get so badly damaged?" I ask.

"You mean you don't remember? I guess you have slight amnesia Mr. Viper," He says, I nod, "OK, you were out in the Badlands searching for the Rogue base, when you found it, you were ambushed by them. You attacked back but got badly damaged, we had to replace or fix some of your vital organs. But we've talked long enough, I believe if we talk any more you'll lose conciseness," then a needle went into my arm, I fell asleep...

• I awoke in my tube for the second time, the man returns.

"Hello Mr. Viper," he said.

"Hello Dr. uh... What's your name?" I ask.

"My name is Dr. Johnson," he says, "Are you ready to be moved to your room? Your extensive healing is done."

"OK," I say.

He punches a button on a hidden console and the Liquid medicine drained away, I was a little wobbly on my feet but eventually I gained the strength to stand up without wobbling.

Dr. Johnson opened the door to the tube and I walked out. I followed the Doctor down a steel-grey hall, there was windows overlooking the landing pad, I noticed my Defender in a repair bay, it looked badly damaged.

"Is that my ship?" I asked. He looked out of the window.

"Yes, Mr. Viper," the Doctor said.

We began to move toward the hospital rooms. We went into room 218 and I laid down in my bed.

"Good night, Mr. Viper," Dr. Johnson said and left the room...

• "Mr. Viper, you are now allowed to leave the hospital, your ship has been completely fixed and has been tested, it work like new.

"Thanks, Dr. Johnson." I say and I begin to walk out of the hospital, I went to the Liberty Security Force HQ. "How's it going, Jake?" I ask the 2nd in command.

"Not bad, Viper, oh the boss wants to see ya!" I walk over to General Don's office. "You need to see me, Don?"

"Yes, we need you and a group of explorers to search for the other colony ships, we beleive that they colonized in different sectors of Sirius."

"So, you want me and a team of explorers to search for some other colonies?" I ask.

"Precisily," he said.

"I'll get to it right away," I say and walk out of the office.