Problems loading mods with FLMM

• It seems I can't get some of the Freelancer mods out there to work properly. I am running Freelancer 1.0 with the official 1.1 Microsoft patch, and am using the Freelancer Mod Manager tool version 1.1 which I downloaded from the Lancers Reactor download page just yesterday (29 Jan. 2009).

I also downloaded a number of mods from said page on the same date, namely PrivateerTheReckoningsShip_Pack.zip.flmod, wingcommanderfl_v2.6.zip.flmod, and DriftingGhost3bsPrivateerShipPack.zip.flmod; none of which work either by themselves or together. FLMM loads them with no problem, but the ships these mods are sopposed to introduce to the game do not appear when loading a new game.

Is there something wrong with these specific mods, or is there something wrong with the way I'm trying to load them? Has soemthing funamental changed in running mods for this game since 2006?

Thanks

• ok a couple of questions for you are you using flmm 1.31 plus are you using windows vista if you are right click i mean desk top icon flmm and go into properties, go to the compatabilty tab and check run as adminstrator do the same for the freelancer desktop icon . then you should have no problems.

• I'm not using Vista. I'm using XP Home Edition. Latest SP, I think.

The mods mentioned above didn't work with clean FL 1.0, either.

Arn't there some unofficial patches out there for FL? I think there was a FL 1.4 last time I checked Lancers Reactor... a year or two ago.

• THOSE issues he is refering to are mods that are
    built using a different SDK which is compatable
    only with the FLMM 1.4 beta 4.

DM Rankor
    Sirius Engineering
    Building Sirius Toward The Future

• To rsabatino20: Thanks for posting your tip regarding flmm and Vista. I worked great for me! I was trying to load the new campaign: Discovery when I noticed I couln't add ANY mods! Your tip did the trick.

• You only need to use version 1.4 if the mod was zipped using 7zip and there's not many.
    There are a few other mods that require 1.4 or even 1.5 beta.
    The only mod I know of that uses 7zip is the last version of WTS World that Crabtree made.

How do you tell if a mod was zipped using 7zip, if I remember right it has an extension something like mymod.7zip.flmod