Making my own bases

• After reading and practising I have gotten my bases to the point where I have working MAT and CMP files. I have hit a bump on the SUR file.

I am dealing with a large object that requires 18 SUR's spliced together to get a good fit. Splicing the SUR's however seems to create an issue. After putting the fix into my cmp the cmp no longer appears either on hardcmp or ingame.

I have not yet looked at making a modular base. I am not sure if you can make a modular base have multiple docks.

I would appreciate if some one could point me in the right direction.

I have gotten a few Bases to the point where I need to make the SUR files and will be facing this issue a bit I think.

• Guess I would owe you ten bucks. I fixed that issue by changing the preset 92 to 1 in the scale box on the exporter. Why is it set to 92, I make sure everything is scale in milkshape before hand, how annoying.

So everything went well, besides sur splice. hardcmp kept crashing so i tried another method and sure enough i got a proper sur file, sort of.

With mat, sur, and cmp I put my base archtype in the game in replace of fort bush's small station archtype for a test. The station worked,... almost. I know what the problem is but am unable to find the best solution. Because my base is a single cmp and sur when you can no longer see the center it disapears. Also i can fly through almost all parts of the base even though it detects weapons fire hits. I am currently experimenting with making a multi part base to try and solve this issue but am hoping some one knows a good tutorial or a few pointers to make it work the best and easiest.