Extreme LAN lag

• I'm sure this is something small, but I can't seem to find it. I'm running a server with a non-mod'ed FL on my PC...and I'm the only one on it. I'm running both FL and the server on the same computer and I seem to have lag spikes every 30-60 seconds. It's not bad but it makes it hell to aim. Any idea's what could cause such a thing?

I have a P4 3.2Ghz with 1 1/2 G's of RAM
    I've tried changing the priority to high and real time on both server and game
    I've shut everything down in my background

help....please....

• As I have posted before, never run your server on the same computer as the client if at all possible. You will get alot of lag when NPCs are being spawned. Unfortunately this is the bane of many mod makers, most of us just deal with it. If you are lucky enough to have two comps on the same network, run the server on one comp and play the game on another one.

• You should not experience any lag issues at all
    when you're running your own LAN server and playing MP
    on the same PC. That's the plain and simple truth.
    It was one of the problems addressed by the only official
    server patch release. If it's still possible to to register
    your copy of Freelancer, it may also still have a support
    download section that contains that server patch.
    Just simply download it and install it, then your lag spikes
    should come to a comfortable "no headache" end.
    If not, I have a copy of that patch available.

DM Rankor
    Sirius Engineering
    Building Sirius Toward The Future

• I use to use a 3.2Ghz with 1 1/2 Gigs of RAM and ran the server and client off the one computer when testing all the mods.

Never had much luck using the official patch, it seemed to just created problems so I didn't use it.

I'd have to say that something else is causing the lag spikes. Possibly some service or program that's running in the background?
    Since you're playing on your computer and not online, why not try it with nothing running. Disconnect or turn off the internet connection and disable some start up programs that don't need to be running, firewall, antivirus, etc..

• thanks everyone, your advise was good, but I ended up just building a new server computer with barebone parts. It was the only way to stop the lag. If it is something running in my background it's well hidden (it doesn't show up on ANY kind of search). But I thanks you all for the ideas.

:D