create a jumpgate/hole at playerposition

• sorry if i posted in the wrong thread but..
    i want to create a jumpgate/hole at(or nearly) the playerposition and WHILE the game is running and i am in space... i hope someone understand my terrible english*G* :lol:

MfG
    SgtIgram

• ummm... I'm not sure about with the game still running (I think that's impossible, maybe not if FLHook were modified) but

If you've got Ioncross Freelancer Server Operator running, simply go to the desired spot, F1 out, then update the player in Ioncross. It should give the player's position in there. Then you have to script it in and restart the game and the server for it to take effect.

• yes! maybe.. if i type /jump new_york then i came to a position that i define..or with the system "codes" for example Li01 ..

edit: maybe.. the target system must be in the same part of sirius(liberty,rheinland,kusari,bretonia,hispaina)

• I think that's possible. Just think it over, jumpgates put you from one system to another, but it only activates when you are at the half of the tunnel. IF we could expand this trigger to be caused by a console command... would be nice. FLHook experts?

• technically it is very much possible
    and yes it requires hooked code... thats the good news for your

the bad news is that you need a very good coder to turn this into reality... and previous versions of this "jump" have lead to random server crashes
    In combination with another existing hook function i can imagine that this kind of feature would work but honestly i dont see the need for it as the primary task of a modder should be to ensure a long and fun gameplay ... not to destroy every challenge (just my oppinion)

• maybe the main reason is to be used by server police (but i think there are other better and safer ways to do it) ...

• I saw this idea and my thought was that would be cool if it could be made to work only to systems that you had already visited or as a recall function where it brought you back to one specific place (ie New York) only but then the reality of the abuse set in, as a player I saw how I could abuse that function when it came to dodging pirates players or in trading if done right. The only way it could be truly useful is by server police and admins (who have a much easier way to do these things) or by players in a incredibly huge galaxy (I figure on the 400+ systems side of huge). Still definitely an intriguing idea.

• It would only be possible by "opening" the systems you already visited (unless the complete Sirius Map is already revealed)

Type in (or select)

1. Select Start Jump Coordinates
    (map pops up showing your position)
    (click on map position near your ship)
    a) Map closes and opens Sirius Map
    2. Select Destination Jump Coordinates
    a) Select desired destination system
    b) Map pops up
    3) click desired destination on map (open space only)

NEXT

3. Initiate Docking sequence
    a)Spawn Jump hole at initiation point
    b)Spawn Jump hole at destination
    c)Ship jumps
    (auto dock manuver as long as ship is within range OR NULL the proceedure)
    d)Ship completes jump

4. Jump complete
    5. Remove jump holes.

You must be on the level plane of existence (Y coordinate 0) because the jump hole should always spawn on the 0 of the Y axis.

A cheap way around this is to venture to the system of your choice without docking anywhere, then get killed. You'll spawn all the way back in the system you came from, at the base you launched from.

• I was wondering the same thing, I am wanting to create a jump point like you would in Babylon 5, where the capital ship opens a jump point, jumps through and then the hole disappears behind them. and could even create the jump IN effect where a vessel can be seen coming into a system.