Antares Mod: Freelancer Taken to a Whole New Dimension

• The Antares Mod
    (click for link to the home website of =VFF= Productions for the DL & instructions)
    brought to you by the team of =VFF= Productions, Team Leader and original author Achilles of GrimAxe

You flew all the missions of SP as Edison Trent and ended the Nomad threat to Sirius...or so you thought. Fifty years after what is now known as the First Nomad War, the Nomads are back with a vengeance. Humanity is evacuating the planets and bases of the Sirius Sector and withdrawn to the newly discovered Antares Sector.

The 2nd Nomad War brings unique challenges and opportunities to Freelancers and Clans. Gone are most of the bases and tradelanes in the Inner House systems. A few bold Freelancers continue to smuggle refugees past the Nomad Fleet. Opportunities arise in the buildup of infrastructure safely for the moment hidden behind an ancient alien Hypergate in the recently discoverd Antares Sector.

The Antares Mod brings Freelancer into a whole new dimension, with new systems, new factions and bases, including player designed and built custom bases and planets. A dynamic new commodity system updated with each release of Antares Mod Updates allows great opportunities for trading...and for piracy.

The equipment is totally interchangeable, and players can order new weapons designs. Ever wish you could arm a patriot with code guns and nomad weapons? Now you can. Modular design allows players to customize thier ships with unique powerplant, reactor, thruster, armor, scanner, and tractor beam designs.

The Antares Mod features dozens of new systems, an improved physics engine, myriad new modular equipment options and scores of new ship designs ranging from screaming fast Light Fighters to heavily armed Torpedo Bomber Very Heavy Fighters, some with multiple CD/T Launchers, all the way to player flyable trains, gunboats, and capitol ships.

Clans and individual players can put thier hard-earned credits to use buying new planets and bases and ordering new ship,weapon and equipment designs.

The current direct connect IP for Vanguard 2 can be found here

If you have trouble getting the Antares Mod to work try checking here

For an In Character Tutorial on how to thrive in the Antares Mod, check out The Adventures of Alvin Noob

[XD]
    This is a PvP Server
    Player Looting is Enabled
    While most of the players there are friendly to newcomers, once you are established you may be attacked at any time without provocation by pirates (or by police and navy if you are a pirate or a smuggler) and Nomads (Nomads are for the time being limited to the Sirius Sector and the Zeta Corridor linking Sirius to Antares)...all in good fun and in the interest of keeping the action lively ;)

-Please respect the {Vanguard} and {Sentinal} Server Admins-
    Remember: they're there to help the community, and they're doing it on thier own free time!
    No swearing allowed in System Chat, period.
    No swearing allowed in Private Chat or Group Chat without the consent of all parties.
    Please keep in mind that the 'vicious pirate' or [NOM] you're mad at could very well be a ten-year-old kid or somebody's grandpa with his grandkids watching him play Freelancer over his shoulder.
    Please read and abide by the server rules! Vanguard 2 Server Rules and News

Roleplaying is strongly encouraged. After a hard mission or a breathtaking battle come join your comrades and adversaries in our RP bars.

The Vanguard Federation of Freelancers
    =VFF= Productions
    Antares Mod Team:
    Achilles
    CK
    Han Solo
    Poidrac
    Lancer Solurus
    Mutilator
    Haunt
    Ruppetthemuppet
    Scorch
    Maxwell
    Killer B

Special Thanks to Ship Contributors
    XMT
    Panther X
    Mini-Me
    Mancer
    Forsaken

Cya in Space

• Additional Credits from the FLMM read-me for Antares Mod by Achilles of GrimAxe:

Giving Credit where credit is due!!
    This MOD would not exist today without something these people have in some way added to it or to my knowledge of Freelancer MODDING
    Thanks go to all those who have offered their modding knowledge up to help new modders on The Lancers Reactor forums, this has gotten me past quite a few bumps while making this mod.

New Ships created by

Baene
    Ceptyr
    Redemption
    Shifter MK I
    Seething Fury
    Scourge
    Bloodrage
    Switchblade
    Spectre
    Darkhorse
    Plague
    Colossus
    Elite Defender
    Draconji
    Starskipper
    Guardian
    Gunstar
    Interloper
    Enfilade
    Ragebringer
    Silverfish
    Marauder
    Devestator
    Starfield
    Juggernaught
    Outrider
    Demon Experimental
    Starshift
    Anomaly
    Bullpup MK I
    Bullpup MK II
    Bullpup MK III
    Elite Nomad Fighter
    Hydra MK III
    Rapier
    Silverfish MK II
    Skiff
    Templar
    Stumpy Tug
    Undertow
    Zeus
    Ferocity
    Grim
    Miser
    Orb
    Pantheon
    Phoenix CR
    Peregrine
    xR844 Interceptor
    Pod
    Meesa Racer
    Vortex
    Soul Reaper
    Assassin Mk 2
    Demon Mk 2
    Artemis
    Final Breath
    Ceptyr A-3
    Defiant
    Emperor's Might
    Ubermacht
    Bloodfeast
    Baene's Tooth
    Black Dragon
    Crusher
    Nephthys
    Praetorian
    Loki

FireBase
    Ghost
    Basilisk
    Black Specter
    Death Scythe
    Phantom
    Ravenclaw
    Slipstream

Astral Prime Studios
    Starviper
    Cougar
    Hornet X
    APS Pegasus
    APS Griffen
    APS Hydra

Aug Ship Pack
    Gaijin MK I
    Gaijin MK II
    Halycon MK II
    Halycon MK I-A
    Halycon MK I
    Ryuoken
    Seraphim
    Behemoth
    Hawkeye MK II

AluminumHaste/Argh
    Enforcer - Civilian
    Enforcer - Pirate

DwD/Wanderer
    Thunderbird
    X Fighter
    Y Fighter
    Z Fighter
    Raven

Caid
    Bretonia Champion

Ospery
    Osprey

Havikar, UltraLeon Works
    SwordFish

Buckaroo Banzai
    Starblazer

DS9 Starfighter
    Thunder (aka Aen Nnea Thhaei)

Author Unknown (please send me any information reguarding authership of these)
    Mauler
    Hydra
    Longsword
    Order Bomber

Thanks to Nephilim and his Capital Ship Encounters Tutorial on Lancers Reactor that got me stared in modding.

Alcander is also due some thanks for the transferable engines and credit limit incress patches he created, keep up the good work Alcander.

Nebulae Wolf for the of the icons used for some of the new equipment.

Wyrmblight Dragonsbane for the new commodity icons, the opening splash screen, and the Universe map background.
    Haunt for several new weapons.
    Han Solo for his work on the Saskatchewan system and a few new toys to go with it.
    CK, Poidrac, Scorch and the rest of the Vanguard Mod Team for their assistance, it would not have gotten done without all you guys.

Icon Pack v1.0 by Nebulae Wolf

Some of the new weapons were taken from the "Just For Fun MOD v 1.1" by Jim Rupp (Old Beowulf).
    Of the following I atlered a few things to better fit the Antares Expansion MOD but left as much of Beowulf's work as I could.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mines and Countermeasuers:

Liberty Experimental Mine
    Bretonia Pursuit Mine
    Order Plasma Mine Mk1
    Order Plasma Mine Mk2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Missiles:
    Javelin C Missile
    Eraser C Missile
    The above 2 missiles use the standard ammo but mount on the cruise disruptor hardpoint.

Liberty Experimental Missile
    Order Missile MK1-C (cruise disruptor mount)
    Order Missile MK1 (class 9 gun hardpoint)
    Order Missile Turret MK1 (class 9)
    Order Missile MK2-C
    Order EMP Missile MK1 (cruise disruptor mount)
    Order EMP Missile Turret MK1 (class 9)
    Nomad Torpedo
    Nomad Cruise Disruptor
    Dragoon Type 4 (Outcasts, class 7)
    Dragoon Type 4 Turret (Outcasts, class 7)
    Funny thing here. The Outcasts had class 6 and class 8 tachyon-based weapons, but no class 7, so I added them.
    Guns and Turrets:

Naginata (Blood Dragons, class 8)
    Death's Hand Mk IV (Order, class 8)
    Death's Hand Turret Mk IV (Order, class 8)
    Death's Hand Mk V (Order, class 9)
    Death's Hand Turret Mk V (Order, class 9)
    Reaper Mk IV (Order, class 8)
    Reaper Turret Mk IV (Order, class 8)
    Reaper Mk V (Order, class 9)
    Reaper Turret Mk V (Order, class 9)
    Hornviper Mk III (Rhineland, class 10)
    Tizona del Cid Turret (Corsairs, class 9)
    Kraken Turret (Outcasts, class 9)
    BLOODSTONE TURRET (Bretonia, class 10)
    Tobie's Edge (Bretonia, class 7)
    Tobie's Edge Turret (Bretonia, class 7)
    Bretonia Pursuit Gun (Bretonia, class 8)
    Bretonia Pursuit Turret (Bretonia, class 8)
    Bretonia Pursuit Cannon (Bretonia, class 10)
    Xenos Solution (Liberty, class 1)
    Xenos Solution Turret (Liberty, class 1)
    Liberty Experimental Cannon (Liberty, class 6)

Class 10 Turrets:

Bretonia Cannon Turret
    Hornviper Mk III Turret
    GOLDEN BLADE Turret
    ARCHANGEL Turret
    DARK BLOSSOM Turret

=======================================================================================

----------)XTS Station Pack V2(----------

XTS Nova,
    XTS Xbase,
    XTS uhmrah,
    XTS sirius wheel,
    XTS Solar Refinery,
    XTS Meridian-Station,

XTS Solar Refinery, XTS Nova, XTS Xbase, Modelled by: XTS-ImperaTodd

XTS uhmrah, XTS sirius wheel, XTS Meridian-Station, Modelled by: XTS Rankor

Hardpoints & Script: XTS-TheXtreme

**XTS Solar Replacement Mod**

Model & Texture created by XTS ImperaTodd

Hardpoints & Script done by XTS The Xtreme
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    **XTS-Vancusz**

Model & Texture created by Todd

Hardpoints & Script done by The Xtreme

---)http://www.XtremeTeamStudios.com(---

• Vanguard has moved to a new site, in order to upgrade to phbb3. If you have trouble logging in or registering, please bear with us. The main reason we upgraded was to escape the spambots, so Achilles upgraded the filters and registration.
    Links updated in main post above 05/10/09.
    Thanks,
    Killer B

• That all these years later....you guys still haven't given credit to the original author of this mod...you know the guy that created the Hunters Association Universe and created the original mod that you guys renamed and then took credit from him that did a helluva lot of ground work...

I mean, I'm just saying....begrudged or whatever, give credit where credit is due.....don't take credit for something you guys didn't originally create.

Original Author of the Hunters MK II mod...Former Hunters Association Founder