question about SP, the falcon, and mods

• just going through the singleplayer campaign once again because i have two weeks off, and i was wondering if there was a fairly simple mod that would mean i could buy the falcon when i got to Rheinland space. without a mod, you cant get to level 24 before you get there because the campaign limits your level progress.

i know there wouldnt be a mod made only for this, but is there one that removes level limits in SP, or modifies ship requirements, or something that would get the result im looking for?

thanks.

• Normally I wouldn't do this because I consider using this as a good way to spoil having a great time playing Freelancer. After all going through the whole game as it was intended makes it last a lot longer and is more fun in my opinion.

But...
    You can use the IONCROSS Freelancer Character Editor mk.V by JoeBoomz

If you get error messages when loading the program after installation, you need to install the Visual Basic runtime files

Designed for editing single-player NON-AUTOSAVE files.
    Important... You need to start a game and save it with a name you'll remember something like newgame because autosave files have cryptic names. You can also edit saves that you already saved manually. Then shut down Freelancer and then use the character editor.
    When the character editor starts it will look for singleplayer saved game files and bring up a list of saves so you can select which saved game you want to edit...

Features:
    - Automatic decoding and re-encoding of FL save files (powered by FiiK's FLCodec)
    - Edit:
    ship
    power plant
    engine
    shield
    forward hard points
    turrets
    equipment
    lights
    cargo
    AND money :)

**** EDIT CAREFULLY AND BACK UP YOUR FILES! ****

file name: Ifce5setup
    on page 19 in the unsorted section of the downloads: http://www.lancersreactor.org/…/unsorted/?page=19&sort=1
    direct download link: http://www.lancersreactor.org/…unsorted/?file=372&sort=1

• Hey Baked: those are old OS's visual run time files will they work with the newer OS's

• The visual basic runtime files link I gave is the microsoft site so I would say yes but don't take my work for it, read what's on the site. All I can say is that on my Vista machine I installed them and the IONCROSS server operator and the IONCROSS character editor works :P

I read a lot about people running into problems with Vista, personally I don't have any trouble but I do try to keep it free of adware, spyware and viruses...and I don't install every program that's out there.
    The more programs you install the more it increases the chance that system files will be overwritten and added too and who knows if they are compatible.
    Best to do a restore point before installing something just in case it causes problems so you can go back to where everything worked as advertised...

• Quote from "bakedpotato"

The visual basic runtime files link I gave is the microsoft site so I would say yes but don't take my work for it, read what's on the site. All I can say is that on my Vista machine I installed them and the IONCROSS server operator and the IONCROSS character editor works :P

I read a lot about people running into problems with Vista, personally I don't have any trouble but I do try to keep it free of adware, spyware and viruses...and I don't install every program that's out there.
    The more programs you install the more it increases the chance that system files will be overwritten and added too and who knows if they are compatible.
    Best to do a restore point before installing something just in case it causes problems so you can go back to where everything worked as advertised...

Yes i agree,but i do most of any modding on the xp home or x64 bit xp proff. machine,and it's based off of server 2003,thats why i wondered about it :)