Lancers Reactor site news and feedback request, please!

• Lancers Reactor site news and feedback request, please!

Here's your chance to let us know what you think, we just hope it's not all bad...give us your thoughts, feedback and suggestions. Let the community know what you would like to see on the site, what content you would like, what improvements would you like to see to the site, let us know about any problems you have run into.

The staff has been working hard to improve every aspect of the site and the community.
    ***Azza has been working very hard to adjust, fix and add all the items to the site content that I throw at him, and without complaint, so we want to thank him for that. We know there's a lot more to be done, we're working on it, please be patient...

***There is a Submit Files And News link in the Menu Content on the front page now so you can submit news and files like mods, tools, utilities, music, pictures, screenshots, custom made backgrounds, desktop wallpaper, etc., anything community related, or just want to let us know how you feel, or contact one of the staff members. Please don't forget to attach any files to the email if you're sending something, I'll have to email you back asking for the files, there's no limit on size so there will be no problem if you're submitting that mod you've been working on for years.

***New code has been added to the forums so you can use blink, caption, click, google, moimg, background, tip, poll, etc.. Please use your judgement using some of the new codes, please don't abuse these new options to add more content to the forums, besides the fact that finalday will be on you so fast that the sparks will set your flightsuit on fire!!!

***We have a new moderator, Lancer Solurus. Some of you may be familiar with this very knowledgable character, he's been an outstanding community member for a long time. We welcome such a great addition to the team.

***We have a Teamspeak server again, set up by MentalChaos and graciously hosted by Azza.
    Server address: 94.23.38.156:8767 No password required.

***There's some good music in the music downloads, enjoy, it's on the house...

Please give us your comments and feedback in the forum for this news here.

• hey i got that same pic my dad sent it to me,so he's aready all over the net,won't he be surprized i'll have to show all the other birds i know.

and that sort a looks like my old machine there in you tube,how did they find it? :mrgreen:

i really like the site a lot of the problems seem to vanish with the new server,though one thing i would like to see is some sort of catagory sys for the down loads,were tools,full conversions,mods and mini mods are seperated,so it would make it easyer to find things,and a spell ckecker,other then that the site seems to look and it seems to work better,smoother you guys are doing a bangup job and i know it's a lot of work,and if i can help some how let me know. And tell baked tater i'm looking for a new ship or two since he's thrown up his shingle ...oops i mean his avitar,though i did tell him all he needed with the old one was a cape.....he's pretty quick on the job :)
    so congats on a good job! 8-)

ohhh myy god thats not ship dealer,he's selling space dust......
    [center]Yellow Eagle[/center]

• site feedback: The site looks chaotic, incomplete, is insecure, slow and not very user friendly. Not to mention that its a bit ugly.

It has the highest inactivity rate in the entire FL community (based on registered members and those which actually take part in discussions) -> 96.5% inactivity rate (which means that only 3.5% of the registered members have at least made 1 post on the forum.... most of them just to ask for the password for the downloads).

• IMHO-

I think it's looking pretty good, and although it might have a ways to go yet, Yes Taw, it's almost like the old TLR. Let's give it some time and a chance? Just my take :)
    LW

"A little excitement in an otherwise dull day..."

• Site feedback: I find it rather cumbersome and awkward. It's not easy to find what I'm looking for. What I'm usually looking for are downloads or tutorials I saw here back in 2006 & 07. Articles on how to add systems or weapons. Where to buy a ship or a certain weapon. Somone here was kind enough to give the link for battleclinic.com which has been quite helpful.

• Constructive criticism is cool, that's what we're looking for but why just leave us hanging with negative comments without some recommendations of how to fix, add, change, etc..

If I had a crystal ball maybe then I could see what's on your mind but I don't.

There's nothing more that we would like then to have all that information that was on the site before the big breakdown but the problem is converting the database from what format it was into what it is now. Technical stuff is not my thing.
    I could copy and paste stuff from the newbie questions threads for example but there's about 75 pages or so to go through. Maybe eventually either myself or someone else will have the time to do that, hint hint.

• in defense of what alls been said you are right may be they need to try to run servers and forums an make all the changes and refinements that our good people here have worked so hard to do so people can come an enjoy each others company,and find information...note some of it very hard to get anymore...it takes a lot of work to do what our good people here have done and at a lot of expence and time out of their own lives just to make this place what it is,this is like a small child,that is being raised and taught,and will one day,be and mature site,expect changes,and as said constuctive criticism is allways helping but some of what i read,is destructive to moral on the hard work that has been done,and i have never not been able to find anything as all you have to do is follow the links or ask and on other sites some of which you can hardly find any thing,and the password for the downloads and such helps to keep spam off the site as when i find it i report it as soon as possible to admins,as should anybody else ,this site has come a long way,and it takes a lot to keep it self supporting so kudo,yip yip horaa for our good people that run it,you guys keep up the good work,i'll keep an eagle eye out hehehe :)

• Quote from "Tawakalna"

I really like it, I think that it looks great, almost like old TLR :)

hi you old lane hopper how's it going hav'nt heard from you in a while as i also hav'nt heard from the horse,whats going on :)

• I'm well into my busiest period at work, YE, lasts from March till June, don't have much time for anything really.

As for the horse, well with all that fresh spring grass he's probably frolicking in the rolling meadows of upstate New York.

now as to bp's comments:-

wasn't the old site d/b (ie before M$ pulled the plug) MS-SQL iirc? And what is it now? What I want to know is, what are you trying to convert and what are you trying to convert it into? It is the database that you want to bring over, nothing else?

These days in Tawakalnistan all we do are databases... data sets... data transformations... SSIS... I spend my day staring at lines of NULL yes it's really interesting.... zzzzzzzzz.

• o my there won't be any liveing with that horse if he gets all fatten up,....hmmmwell have to get some of that space dust baked tater been peddling around,and at his age i'll have to keep the vet on tap :lol:

• Hey wake up over there :D

• well bp - that was the constructive critics
    you can not expect more after what TLR has done to the other FL communities (including mine) and I am not a TLR admin anymore to show you how you can improve stuff

I have pretty high quality standards and many experiences with creating and running online communities.
    you asked for a feedback and you got it
    how you deal with it is something you need to discuss with the admins of this site

• "I can expect" ???
    What TLR has done, I wouldn't know about that, how can a website cause any harm to anyone, it's not human, has no mind of its own, so that statement is ridiculous.

I do know that I personally haven't done anything to anyone that I'm aware of, and since it's my post I'm doing the talking.
    If you or anyone has a problem with me personally you'd be the first I've heard it from. Unless of coarse it's behind my back.

All I'm trying to do is build a better website and give the community what they ask for through suggestions and feedback.

If you have a personal problem with someone take it up with them but not here in the forums where everyone can read it. All that does it cause trouble.

Face to face would be the way to do that but since this is the internet people think they can say and do anything they want and get away with it.
    I doubt if people would say half the crap they have the nerve to say on the internet and not to someone's face, in my opinion that's about as cowardly as you can get.
    I will gladly give my address to anyone who asks for a personal meeting. Oh and girls are more than welcome :P

• op your input seems to be negative most of the time on almost every topic. We know your gripes with us. If you dont like the site or us why not simply stop using the site?

from the posting rules.

"• Banning, Admin reserve the right to ban any user at any time for any reason. Users who continually disrupt the community with allegations, accusations, or activity that is not in the spirit of the purpose of this forum will be removed without explanation. It is not your right to be a part of this community, its a privilege as a guest. This is a privately owned forum and the ownership will do whatever is necessary to preserve the quality of the site and forum and protect its users."

Negative posting is ok but when it is all the time and not in the spirit of the site then it can be very destructive. There is a difference between constuctive criticism and trying to disrupt.

If you dont feel that you dont want to be a positive part of the site then please leave.

• sorry for double post... once we have a clean copy of the database we will set about converting and importing it to the current forum any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

• Quote from "/\zz/\"

sorry for double post... once we have a clean copy of the database we will set about converting and importing it to the current forum any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

would i need three years of computer science and ten years of coding,or just some of that space dust that baked tater is peddling or just crazy ,i qualify for the later but i have my little pills :mrgreen:

• you asked for feedback and you got it
    what you definy positive or negative is nothing but a subjective definition based on what you want to read

it looks to me that its ok if everybody says "everything is shiny here" but as soon someone points out problems that guy is getting called negative
    and if you are honest to yourself you would agree that what I said as feedback is the truth
    so either listen to those which say that everything is shiny and you keep the status quo or you listen to those which say that there are problems and you start to improve the site... in the end its your decision

(section edited by Finalday)
    Note- if you have issues with moderators or admins, take it up in private with either them or another admin. No taking admins/moderators to task in the forums.