How to do my own server?

• There is an .exe file called flserver.exe that gets installed when you install the game. Find this program (should be in the start menu with the rest of the game files) and run it. Give it a name, select options regarding pk-ing, etc. It´s pretty self-explanatory. Then start it up. Voila, you are running your own Freelancer Server. You can even choose if it´s an Internet or LAN server. If you want to play on your own server, just make sure it is running, then start up Freelancer and use Mulitplayer menu to find the server, create a character, and join it. Incidentally, that´s the best way to enjoy the game without worrying about SP and being able to access almost all of the jump gates/holes. Those are my thoughts, not yours, I´m WapCaplet[!

• Wap, another question for you. Is there away to run a server w/o giong online. I just want to play w/o having to deal w/ SP. Unfortunately I have a really slow connection. Unforutnately the FL won´t pull up servers unless your online (even if its´ just a LAN server). **** I don´t need no stinking dock ring[! I´ll fly down to the planet on my own[!

**** I don`t need no stinking dock ring. I`m sure if I hit the right angle and speed, I`ll be fine.

• Hmmm, I had always thought that if you started a LAN-only FLserver, then you could join it from the same PC without having to worry about SP missions or anything. But I hadn´t really considered what would happen if you tried to run and connect to the server without having any online connection at all. In my mind, it seems logical that you should be able to start a LAN server and connect to it without any other connections to other PCs or the Internet. Make sure you select LAN-only when starting the server AND when searching for servers in the game. Very important. It should work. I will take a look at the settings tonight and let you know. Those are my thoughts, not yours, I´m WapCaplet[!