• It just depends on what the planet is made of from when it was formed. Distance from the star has little to do with it. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I´m sick of seeing all your signatures and not having one of my own

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I`m sick of seeing all your signatures and not having one of my own

• Keep one thing and only one thing in mind: Science FICTION. I understand what you mean, except I also like to argue. But really, Don´t worry about the technicalities. I mean, the planets wouldn´t be as close as they are. Same thing with atmosphere, it wouldn´t happen 6 feet away from the surface. Lol, most people would be ducking for air! ____________ Guess what, this isn´t my sig, I just wrote it here

[_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_] <>This isn`t my Sig, I just wrote it here.<>

• <font size=1 face="trebuchet ms"><BLOCKQUOTE><hr size=1 noshade>It just depends on what the planet is made of from when it was formed. Distance from the star has little to do with it. <hr size=1 noshade></BLOCKQUOTE></font><font face=´trebuchet ms, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica´ size=2> Distance actually does have something to do with it. If a planet is not in a stable orbit around a star in the &quot;Goldilocks&quot; zone, it would be difficult to develop a lush biosphere. Too close in, and all the water evaporates and one ends up with a desert world, like Venus. Too far out, the water is frozen and you get a desertlike planet if there is little water (like Mars) or you get an icy world where life *might* exist but only in an oceanic environment under the ice crust, assuming that it has an active, hot core (like Jupiter´s moon Europa) to ensure a liquid ocean exists. Different stars have different Goldilocks zones too. For a G2V spectral-class/luminosity yellow dwarf similar in mass to good ol´ Sol, the Goldilocks zone is obviously at about 1 AU. For more massive, hotter-burning stars the Goldilocks zone would be further out, for dimmer, cooler stars the zone would be closer in, etc.