New Here : Wanted server information :)

• Hey guys,

I haven't played freelancer in over 4-5 years, i had a brief stint in the GetOnIt Au server run by Timoid which was fantastic. Now that i've got my Freelancer CD back, i'm keen to thrash it out on a nice populated server (i've noticed that GOI is no longer up and the global server is down)...had a quick forum search to try and find the info i wanted but proved a little fruitless so i thought i'd ask here.

Basically i just wanted to know:
    1. What's a popular server to connect to nowadays & where are they based?(i'm in the pacific so european servers might not be the best idea for me unfortunately)
    2. Do people still play the normal v1.0 mod?
    3. I'm sure it's been asked a million times before, but anyone willing to point me in the right direction of a "how to connect" thread or something?

Thanks very much for any assistance and all recommendations welcomed :) I'm keen to join up and get blasting!

Cheers.

• GOI changed to Aussiefreelancers but is now defunct together with the forums etc.

For alternatives now the global server is off-line, check out links in this thread <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.lancersreactor.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1259">viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1259</a><!-- l --> as a start.

Some mods also use a direct autoupdater and may not appear on this for example North Quadrant and Monkey Universe do this (I think).