bosch vs. dewalt 12v drill

• If i had done some looking around first before buying figured the name was good enough never heard anything bad about them,was i wrong had nothing but prob's it's good for light duty applications but anything beyond that,im just curious what everyone else i thinks,,if i had to do it over again i wouldnt have bought a dewalt drill,works great for building a fence which i did,but when u start drilling beyond 3" in depth it's productivitiy and it's worth start's to fade for a dewalt 12v cordless drill.i didnt add the milwaukee or the makita drill in both voltage didnt think they size upto bosch and dewalt

• i had a Trusty Old B&D 12v cordless that did me proud out lasted a mates 14.4 ramset cordless the the B&D was down on grunt and speed the life of the battery always was a bonus :mrgreen:
    survived 6 months on and off use as a electrical fitter in a apartment complex :mrgreen: and super market 3 months and a few thou tec screws

• Dewalt = very expensive brand

on bosch you have 2 kinds

Dewalt is good industrial machine, but for its price you got several with extras on other brands

Bosh Green : Mostly used by common ppl for home garden purposes and for that its good tool. Avaible in almost every hardware store
    Bosh Blue : Industrial used, because it has better components that last longer, but cost almost 1.5x or 2x the green one.Mostly not buyable in your local hardware store either

so basicly Bosh blue is equal to Dewalt in endurance, but if you look at price&quality, then Bosh should have 1st place imo

regards

• DeWalt IS Black and Decker

To me, they are inferior. Bosch is a commercial grade tool, and has greater power and longer life. I have used both before as well.

For me though, I use Ryobe and it does just nicely, at a lower cost. ;)

Proud owner of a MacBook: 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120 GB hard drive
    Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

The time has come, Join The Resistance!

• Quote from "Finalday"

DeWalt IS Black and Decker

To me, they are inferior. Bosch is a commercial grade tool, and has greater power and longer life. I have used both before as well.

For me though, I use Ryobe and it does just nicely, at a lower cost. ;)

Wow - didn't know that... My DeWalt is B&D dammit. Ah well, it's not batt. operated anyhow and I think Bosch is a very good brand overall, but remember they make almost everything - my 1st cell phone was a bosch (excellent World phone when they were still rare) and don't forget dishwashers too lol ;)

btw thanks for that FD :)

"A little excitement in an otherwise dull day..."

• Well B & D is the cheaper version and considered as home & garden equipment, low cost for use once in a while.
    Whe you need heavy duty ones, then Dewalt comes in, still in out country Dewalt cost alot, so price -quality, mmm doubtful, so you better off with bosh

some countries ofc, use diff brands, depneds on the companies aswel by buying it ^^

There are other heavy duty equipment or industrial ones like , Bosh, Dewalt, Hilti, Spit, Hitachi, ....and so on, each has his own pricecard.
    example, recently i bought me a Hitachi drill machine at cost 199 euro, lightest avaible with SDS to 24mm and capable to cut down most concrete. and i must say im very pleased whith this brand :)

regards

• hmm....mix,reactions,i have had makita dewalt,also used bosch milwaukee,hitachi,as far performance goes think i take bosch over the forementioned cordless power tools,hitachi is much better than dewalt battry last longer,the downside takes for ever to recharge'and that was 14.4 v cordless ,my 12 volt dewalt only drilled 4 2x6 into a 6 x6 stud and that all she wrote game over :lol:
    alsso have a bosch cirular saw which outperformed skillsaw b & d dewalt makita milwaukee to name a few,been looking into 18 v bosch ,i heard of 24 volt cordless drill but ur looking at big$$$,figured the dewalt name would be a name u could trust...apparently not.if i had the chance to do it over,wouldnt have been dewalt...more disappointed with it,but then again it depends what ur using for. light/medium/heavy duty

• Quote from "iceman"

hmm....mix,reactions,i have had makita dewalt,also used bosch milwaukee,hitachi,as far performance goes think i take bosch over the forementioned cordless power tools,hitachi is much better than dewalt battry last longer,the downside takes for ever to recharge'and that was 14.4 v cordless ,my 12 volt dewalt only drilled 4 2x6 into a 6 x6 stud and that all she wrote game over :lol:
    alsso have a bosch cirular saw which outperformed skillsaw b & d dewalt makita milwaukee to name a few,been looking into 18 v bosch ,i heard of 24 volt cordless drill but ur looking at big$$$,figured the dewalt name would be a name u could trust...apparently not.if i had the chance to do it over,wouldnt have been dewalt...more disappointed with it,but then again it depends what ur using for. light/medium/heavy duty

Some already have 36V wireless with lithium lion batteries(bosch blue version), but then again price comes in.......
    But like you said, depends all on how much, where or whatfor you want to use it, this allows you to give a tought on the price you want to pay for it. And just some can affort these tools even if they use it like 2x a years ;)

regards

• i basicly use it everyday,my house and freinds house [free of charge] lol. a 100+ $$ money is money,if i had extra money laying around the house, id have a block party,i think 36v is a weee bit overkill,i heard of them but in aconversion kit only.and no i dont have a maint. job too many b.s. rules in tn,in colorado theres no problem, but here everything is a problem....thats a different story

• Dewalt is trash. The guys at my work burn clutches in them on a regular basis. I think we don't have a single Dewalt more than 6months old and have probably trashed 12 of them. They're basically an overpriced Black and Decker. We recently started buying the Milwaukee drills and they seem to be holding up MUCH better.

• Quote from "Forsaken"

Dewalt is trash. The guys at my work burn clutches in them on a regular basis. I think we don't have a single Dewalt more than 6months old and have probably trashed 12 of them. They're basically an overpriced Black and Decker. We recently started buying the Milwaukee drills and they seem to be holding up MUCH better.

dammit boy lol....now u tell me,my current and final dewalt 12v. is taking a steady dive,next up is bosch 18v.never knew dewalt is owned by black and decker or visa versa

• I'm a Carpenter and have used both Bosch 18v and Dewalt 18v. I've had my Dewalt for 4 years and it still going strong. I know folk thats went through 2 Bosch guns in that amount of time.

I would vote for the Dewalt 18v if its a gun that can do everything you are looking for. And anyone of the 14s for lighter tasks.

• Quote from "SilentAssassin82"

I'm a Carpenter and have used both Bosch 18v and Dewalt 18v. I've had my Dewalt for 4 years and it still going strong. I know folk thats went through 2 Bosch guns in that amount of time.

I would vote for the Dewalt 18v if its a gun that can do everything you are looking for. And anyone of the 14s for lighter tasks.

i have a dewalt not even a year old took a dive an hour ago,btw it was a 12v i charged it but was very weak any suggestions>\?

• Quote from "iceman"

i have a dewalt not even a year old took a dive an hour ago,btw it was a 12v i charged it but was very weak any suggestions>\?

Dewalt batteries should always be discharged fully before you charge it up again, then every 20 charges or so, charge it for 8 hours. Its worked for me.