FPS in game

• Hello there, I'd like to ask about some issues with frames per second in FL.

On my old PC (geforce graphics and XP), I was recieving about 100-150 FPS, depends on what's going on in game, battles etc. After problems with graphic card I had to get a new one - ATI. Again no problems, with vertical synchronisation turned off, all was good, I had enough of FPS.

Now here comes my problem. I bought new laptop, such a powerful so I was happy how many FPS I'm gonna have now. Sadly, I can't get more than 60. I'm Vista user now. I don't know what to do, something is just blocking me. Problem is not in settings of my ATI card, stuff like vertical syns and other settings those taking you FPS are turned off.

So may be to reason is Vista and Direct X 10. Also the maximum reported refresh rate of my monitor is 60Hz. This could be the reason too, but not sure.

So if there's anyone who uses Vista and playing FL with more than 60 FPS and can help me out, I'll be very thankful. At least some tips would be great. Thanks in advance.

• Short of a highend Laptop, video on laptops is a lot less quality and speed than a desktop. Ad to that of Vista, that hogs memory, and it makes it hard for a laptop to compete in gaming.

Proud owner of a MacBook: 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120 GB hard drive
    Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

The time has come, Join The Resistance!

• I have the same problem FPS blocked as 60 in FL... however other games (for example KotOR II) are running at 120+ fps with no problem. I have Ati mobility radeon 3450 in dell notebook with Vista inside.

Anyone knows where is the problem??

• Perhaps you need to update EXE\flconfigdatabase.txt, which contains descriptions of recognised graphics cards. There's one on my site (Raumpirat's, primarily nVidia); search the forums for "flconfigdatabase" and you should find an ATI one.

• Quote from "adoxa"

Perhaps you need to update EXE\flconfigdatabase.txt, which contains descriptions of recognised graphics cards. There's one on my site (Raumpirat's, primarily nVidia); search the forums for "flconfigdatabase" and you should find an ATI one.

Tried, but not working, frame rate still at 60 - 61 :(

Btw that max reported refresh rate of monitor on my dell laptop is exactly 61Hz and max FPS in game 61-62. It looks like this is the real reason, doesn't it ?

Personally I think its problem of Direct X 10 running on Vista. May be changing operation sys to XP would fix this prob. Otherwise I'm lost.

It's just kinda dissapointing for me, u know, I can run FL a lot better on my old crappy PC than on this new laptop. That's sad :(

• dudes. Laptops have LCD displays, which have max 60fps. Maybe the laptop is forcing VSync. Laptops do a lot of strange things. Not that it significantly matters anyway. The game could render 10000fps, the max you'd get is still 60, no matter what the counter says.