Where is a good place to start playing MP?

• Ditto start on a safe server eg servers without the Skull&crossed Bones in the listings, then move to a PvP server. The fact most ppl speak German or Dutch is the fact FL is more popular there.

• If you´ve completed the storey line, you should be more than capable of playing MP and looking after yourself - you´re certainly not a Newbe. Go for something with a fair few players online and then you get a nice cosy Sirius and you´re able to hold your own untill you have the cash to get a nice ship. Alternatively, join a clan and maybe they´ll give you some cash to get you going, as you´re already capable of playing to a competant standard.

• I´d try and get to level 38 in the SP game before starting MP. Life will be much easier if you know the best trade routes, know where the best ships and weapons are, and are comfortable finding your way through the Omega and Omicron systems. jolt.co.uk´s Freelancer server is quite good - and they´ve recently set up rules to govern piracy and PKing, so it´s newbie friendly as well. edit: The amount of times I´ve been asked by level 30+ players where I got Nomad weapons from... /shakes head Edited by - dylman on 04-06-2003 22:46:07

• Thanks to everyone on the answers....I have been playing Mp for awhile now, but alas I seem to pick servers that disapear...So I will try out a couple that you have all suggested.