lvl requirements for story missions

• Hi guys.

After 5 years i finaly decided to finish my SP mod. Most of the work is done but im stuck with lvl requirements. I want to ingrease lvl requirements to get new mission every 3 levels (3,6,9,12,15...). I cannot find anything in the scripts so its propably hardcoded in exe. This is essential for my mod, i hope someone here can help me.

Sorry for bad English. I hope you understand what i am trying to say :)

• You´ll probably have to modify DATA\MISSION\rankdiff.ini
    Here´s the standard content:

[RankDiffDB]
    rank_diff = Base_0_Rank, 0.082100
    rank_diff = FreeTime_01_02, 0.112387
    rank_diff = FreeTime_02_03, 0.205129
    rank_diff = FreeTime_03_04, 0.351002
    rank_diff = FreeTime_04_05, 0.480486
    rank_diff = FreeTime_05_06, 0.657737
    rank_diff = FreeTime_07_08, 0.900376
    rank_diff = FreeTime_08_09, 1.232525
    rank_diff = Mission_End, 38.983860

If its not this one then I don´t know

• No, rankdiff controls the maximum difficulty of jobs (when it tells you to become a more advanced pilot). As the OP hinted, it's hardcoded into content.dll. I should be able to change it, including the requirement for the next level (also separate from ptough). Of course, you're pretty much stuck with the first two levels. Since you say you want multiples of three, does that mean Mission 2 still occurs at level 3, then it adds another free time after that? So: complete the first part of Mission 1 -> advance to level 1; second part -> level 2; free time -> level 3; Mission 2 -> level 4; free time -> level 5; free time -> level 6; Mission 3 -> level 7; ... Do you want anything different for Missions 6 to 7 (which you pretty much may as well take straight away) and the later missions which must be accepted? Do you want 1.0 or 1.1 content.dll? Or a hook dll? Or just the info and you can code it yourself?

• WOW THAT seems to be the place to get answers I'm looking for almost ages now.

I would be GRATEFULL if could get kinda tutorial/info, eventually with a list of tools needed, to change these level requirement in SP-storyline, so that I need, lets say 14000 bucks for advance to level 3 instead of 4000 and so on.

OH, PLEASE ANSWER !

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything. The FUULL catastrophy !

• :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This seems to be EXACTLY what I was looking for

THANK YOU

I will give it a run as soon as I've finished CF 1.81 and "cleaned" my Freelancer installation, means reinstalled a fresh Freelancer.

As I understand it, I have to instal storylvl BEFORE other content (other mods) are added, right ?

Uhmm, have you tried it with another/additional mod yet ?

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything. The FUULL catastrophy !

• I haven't tried it with mods, but I've had no reports of it not working. You probably should install the mod first, in case it replaces freelancer.ini. Another problem is if the mod uses a renamed freelancer.ini, in which case you're on your own; similarly with any anti-cheat measures.