No 3D Capable Card Error

• Ok hi new to the new version of lancers reactor, didnt realise it was back up. I'm a regular on the Freeworlds mod for FL though i havnt played in a long time due to work and losing my FL CD. I recently was able to grab a new copy and put it on, now the thing i think thats busting it is that i got a new computer, I7-920 with a ASUS 5850 graphics card running on windoes 7 64bit. Now when i try to play freelancer i get the fatal error that says "no 3D graphics card detected, try rbooting, you may have to reinstall."

I have tried absolutly everything, i cannot get this to work, as this is a community filled with FL users i figured i'd ask here if anyone else encountered this problem and if so how did you fix it. If absolute worst comes to worst i can build an older computer out of spare parts to play FL but i'd have to have to have 2 comps running just to play FL when i have this nice shiney expensive monster at my disposal.

Heres a list of everything i've tired:
    everything listed on the microsoft support page including: checking if DirectX is uptodate, and that Direct 3D is enable, my drivers are up to date for my card, hell i've even tried rolling them back a couple versions.
    I've tried disabling my card and re-enabling after a reboot.
    I've tried re-installling the game more times then i can count, trying both patched 1.1 and unpatched versions.
    I found a configfile that adds more cards to the supported list, tried it no joy.
    i've tried run as admin, plus countless other compatability modes

I'm starting to get very annoyed at this stupid problem. So if anyone could please help me get my FL working i'd be extremely greatfull

• i already tried that, unfortunatly it dosnt include my card so i still get the same error. I'm trying to get in touch with the guys who wrote and posted it to see about manually adding driver support for my card, but i just cant get ahold of em.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

I think at this rate i'll just build myself a smaller less befier computer, i have a few uses for one so it wont be a waste to build one just for FL, could use it as a download box aswell. Its just a pain in the ass to have to resort to that just to play my beloved FL

• I ran into the same error and pursued a similar path of troubleshooting what was a functioning game until I added the patch, sdk kit, and had to reinstall.

Here was my fix: Delete your old save game files. The game needs to generate a new ID# for you with each install, and if it conflicts with the saved game files in your Documents/My Games/Freelancer folder then the game will quit to desktop.

Just make sure that folder is empty of saved game files when you first start a new install of the game.

Good Luck.