Battle for Earth mod (Improved Specs #2)

• Good thinking man, I was thinking about getting a tutorial or some s**t like that and trying to make my own Sol System, I think Freelancer is seriously lacking in background stuff, like info and gameplay, I was thinking it would have been cool to have been a pilot in the Sol Sector during the battle of the Alliance and the Coalition. If anyone out here in Modville can send me some files for making a system and maybe a tutorial on how to use it, it would be much appreciated. I was also thinking when I got the game, even though I knew it was a flight sim, I thought you´d have some more interacting abilities while on the planets, or anywhere on ground. A good follow up to Freelancer would be a flight sim/maybe FPS in the Sol Sector during the C vs A (Coalition vs Alliance) war. W/E, Im just drifting off now so im gonna stop typing now....... "Some people say im stupid but thats only cuz there brains smell like bacon"

• It would be crowded. Very crowded. Most systems have at the most 4 major planets/stations. What you propose may be doable but it would be huge. You also need to design your own ships as well. Still, its a worthy idea.

• I realize it would be huge, that is what attracts me to the idea. I don´t think the human populous would ever leave Earth behind completely and what if one faction kept a foothold, then they would all want to keep one. It´s more realistic. A thought occurred to me. Perhaps you could separate the Sol system into 2-4 smaller systems. Put the planets in different quadrants around the sun. The planets could even be spaced out non-linearly. For instance; Mercury and Earth could be in one quad (system), while Venus and Mars could be in another system beause of their current orbits around the sun. Earth and Mercury being on one side of the sun, while Mars and Venus would be on the other. Just add in a few more of the planets according to their orbit and distance from the sun, then you could have the same sun appear in all systems at different positions on each system map according to where the planets would appear in relationship to the sun. / 1 / 2 / /+Sun+/ / 3 / 4 / This is a poor quadrant map, but you can see the four quads or however many in relationship to the sun which is the common element that appears in all of them. It´s a little like the quadrant map in Privateer 1. Hope that was clear. Spectre-Man Edited by - Spectre-Man on 23-05-2003 05:21:52 Edited by - Spectre-Man on 23-05-2003 05:24:57

___________________________________________________________ Sir Spectre giving the Spammysburg Address on 5/13/2004 22:21 PST: 12 posts and 2 days ago, we brought forth on this forum a new direction, conceived in spam and dedicated to the preposition that all posts are created useless. Now we are engaged in a great civil disobedience testing whether that thread or any thread so conceived and so dedicated can long endure. We are met on a great forum of that nonsense. We have come to dedicate a portion of that forum as a final resting-place for those topics that gave of their importance that spam might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this ... blah blah blah, spam spam spam.

• I just had a thought additional. Is it at all possible to have people in space suits hover around space stations. They can have a weapon and are the final line of defense around a station. It would be hilarious plowing through a wave of space suit troopers. I doubt it would be possible, but it´s funny to think about. Spectre-Man

___________________________________________________________ Sir Spectre giving the Spammysburg Address on 5/13/2004 22:21 PST: 12 posts and 2 days ago, we brought forth on this forum a new direction, conceived in spam and dedicated to the preposition that all posts are created useless. Now we are engaged in a great civil disobedience testing whether that thread or any thread so conceived and so dedicated can long endure. We are met on a great forum of that nonsense. We have come to dedicate a portion of that forum as a final resting-place for those topics that gave of their importance that spam might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this ... blah blah blah, spam spam spam.

• If you want to be part of the C&A war, just go get StarLancer. Unless you are really really good at modding and have a team assembled to do the grunge work, this would be very very hard. No TV and no beer make homer go crazy

• I´m not very good at modding yet. I haven´t delved into it. I have been changing ini files for years for other programs, so I have no difficulty reading them whatsoever. I´m a natural born tweaker of most things. I don´t particularly care about adding new ships. I can be satisfied with just doing the system and the complexity of game play using all the current Freelancer capabilities. All the above thoughts for a mod are based off my initial understanding of what I can accomplish using the helpful tutorials on this forum. Perhaps when I reach the point where the Universe is the way I listed in my first post I will open it up for other users to post new ships into it and other things to expand on the game play. Q1 As a question to all expert modders. Would doing the whole system be easer as 1 giant system, or multiple smaller systems? If I recall currectly there might be a limit to the size of each system in Freelancer or maybe it was the Freelancer Universe as a whole. I need clarification. Last thing I want to do is waste my time on something that won´t work to begin with. Q2 Has any one installed Freelancer twice? I have two hard drives and think it might be helpful to have one be my modding game and the other be the one I play during that time. Is it possible to load two games on one system? Microsoft products are sometimes touchy about that. Spectre-Man

• I have Starlancer, but I never beat it because I could never destroy all the damn torps coming to kill the cruiser fast enough. I just lost interest. WC3 and Priv 1 & 2 kept me satisfied until Freelancer. As for XWA I still have it sitting on my shelf unopened. I just never got around to playing, mainly due to the preference for the WC franchise over the SW space sims. Now that I know they have space suit troopers I will actually give it a try, Q1 I´m an certainly not going to do this, but is anybody making a mod to Freelancer to change all the planets and ships and etc to be a complete and immersible Star Wars Universe? I would enjoy that immensely, since I have never really enjoyed a Star Wars game before (Except Galactic Battlegrounds). Spectre-Man

• It is more feasible to place the planets in different quadrants to prevent overloading the PC but it also is possible to have space troopers. If their static, place them like defense installations. Mobile ones are harder since you have to set their patrol points near the station and give them really terrible maneuverbility. You´ll also have to create your own models though.

• Thanks Wanderer, separating the system into quads will be what I do. As for the Space suit troopers, I won´t be doing that as I am not graphics creator whatsoever. I am merely a tweaker of code and must live with that everyday of my life. Woe is me. Scratch that, not so much woe as just unfortunate to be artisticly incapable. Spectre-Man

• You could always use the existing people models and save the gun model as an actual weapon although it would require severe tweaking. Scale might also be a problem. You might be flying towards a station and suddenly 800 foot tall Trents appear wielding massive energy pistols/cannons.

• 800 ft tall Trents!! That´s hilarious!! This opens a whole can of gummi worms. I´m thinking Hitchhiker´s Guide to the Galaxy type universes and ships and physics now! Space ships that fly in exactly the way that bricks don´t, but now with an assortment of bricks at your local Vogan battleship. Guns that fire poetry (at least the sounds) and an infinite improbability drive for your fighters. Missiles in the shape of whales and petunias. And a series of systems and planets in the shape of the number 42. What have you done to me? Spectre-man

• I´m sorry Toco, I didn´t understand your posts? What is "pshoco"? Spectre-Man

• Would this mean that the Coalition will be Back and New SHips and Weapons for them will have to be developed? Good God I hope so.

EVERYBODY! GET READY TO GET SAVAGE! *Start playing Jungle Boogie*

• Well Savage, when I reach a point where I can make this system as complete as I can, I will open it up to people to add in their ships. I won´t be doing any ships. I might borrow a few cruiser or destroyer specks I glanced through recently, but that´s it. Anything else would be up to others. Spectre

• Wanderer, more info if you please. I have already seen a Russian sol sector, and someone in this forum mentioned one which I have a link to, but haven´t tried. So far I haven´t found quite what I want. So tell me about this other one. Spectre