Favorite character in Freelancer

• Perhaps in one of the rumors? Some of those are known to contain bits and pieces of various earlier versions of the FL story that just weren't edited out before release... like the 8 sleeper ships rumor that got everyone all steamed up back in the day. I think i remember seeing something somewhere about the Osiris not originally having a cloak, but it wasn't in character dialogue. If it was a rumor, then it has to be considered suspect information. If it didn't come from an in-game source at all, then it was likely part of the original story that got cut (just like most of the intro vid).

• I think i remember seeing something somewhere about the Osiris not originally having a cloak, but it wasn't in character dialogue... ...If it didn't come from an in-game source at all, then it was likely part of the original story that got cut (just like most of the intro vid).

It was not a rumor. It was told after the battle with the "Nomad-Liberty" at the NY minefield, I think it was when the Osiris stopped in Texas.

• I considered 6 the number sleeperships launched from sol to be true due to the fact that five ships were named and on one of the into vids you could see a shadow that could have been another sleepership

however - i am not sure about the 8 sleepership rumour that appeared somewhen in 2004
    i considered it an interesting idea and added 3 coalition sleeperships to my mod

If that is really covered by the original game i cant say atm, but for everyone interested in that topic -> take the fldev on a vanilla install, go to the tab where you can edit the infocards and use the search term "sleepership"

• Outcast rumors specifically say there were 8 sleeper ships, 4 lawful, 4 otherwise. 1 of them was sabotaged. Outcasts and their story are quite cool, it takes a strong will to get things done no matter what. So i guess my second favorite character in Freelancer is Juanita Rodriguez, likes bars on Malta, and so am i now.

• Has to be von Claussen...

Old school, spiffy uniform, good pilot, cheery in combat banter...

You coming along on this one?

"I wouldn't miss it for the world!"

All that's missing is the monocle, the Imperial Kriegsmarin battle flag painted on his custom fighter, a 'Blue Max' pinned to his chest, and 'Der Flugel Circus' formed up behind him!

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...