Storyline Mission problem [Order Evolution]

• Attachments are broken (at least, I can't get it). If it's small enough (10M), just email it to me (address in profile). Otherwise, I don't know, rapidshare, hotfiles, depositfiles, mediafire...

• It's a problem with your system path files. Freelancer only allows 10 connections - New York has 12, so it crashes. FLScan also reports that it supposedly doesn't like systems having the same position on the Nav Map, so you might want to address that, too (St02, St03b, St02c, FP7_system). Here's a BPatch file to prevent the crash. (BPatch is a command line utility. Copy the following code to EXE\crack, move bpatchw.exe.bin to EXE\bpatch.exe and run it. Nothing should apparently happen. Restart Freelancer and the crash should go away.)

• Do you mean put the code into a textfile?

EDIT: nevermind, I managed to patch the file. But the game still crashes. I'll try out the systems thing

• Quote from "Lordadmiral Drake"

Do you mean put the code into a textfile?

EDIT: nevermind, I managed to patch the file. But the game still crashes. I'll try out the systems thing

Moving the systems apart didnt help either

EDIT: And what do you mean by connections? Jump Gates/Holes?

EDIT2: It doesnt crash when I get Junis call for M03 outside New York. But as soon as I enter the system - CTD. Is there possibly a typo in your code?

EDIT3: Nevermind, I got it. I deleted my internal gate test connection from NY and now it works appearantly

• The patch works because others use it. It just worked for me (after removing the read-only attribute, since it was active). If the patch was successful, you wouldn't have needed to remove your test gates, since that's its purpose after all. You didn't accidently leave out the last line?

• Maybe, I'll check it. At least it works for now, and I can go on fixing other things. Thx again. Every help is useful on this endless story of a mod development

• So, I've run into a new problem, in Mission 5. When I get ambushed by the Rhinelanders at Sprague, killing anyone of them causes a CTD.

I've included the spit-refined spewfile in this post

• is it only when you kill those or do crashes happen also when you kill other npcs (in other missions)
    have you changed the mission scripts at all?

you should consider to remove the market entries from your mod, they link to not existing bases (but that has nothing to do with the crash)
    have you probably edited some equipment that they might use?
    have you edited explosions or fuses?
    why in gods name are there animation errors? have you changed npc character models?

many questions... i know

• It only happened here at Sprague so far. Mission scripts haven't been changed, but I've implemented Jason's Freelancer Patch
    I've never changed any existing equipment, nor explosions or fuses.
    And I haven't touch char models, for that I'd need a tut to even think about.

I've checked the mission script, the npcships.ini and the loadouts.ini

All seem to be in order

• Gah, damn Edit Post crash ^^

I just noticed that if the enemy doesnt explode immediately after armor is down there is no CTD until he does. Quite strange as this doesnt happen at the Mactan battle.

• I was able to bypass the CTD by commenting out the cloak of these fighters from the loadout. But now it crashes at the Baxter battle as soon as a fighter goes down. Confusing

• You may say you're using JFLP, but you're really not, otherwise the cloak line would have already been commented out (it removes the connect spew warning). Since vanilla doesn't crash, but yours does, I guess it's related to cloak_fighter being a good. Probably doesn't help that you've also defined it three times (the original in weapon_equip.ini, plus misc_equip.ini and st_equip.ini; one of the latter two is the one being used).

• SWAT : Yep, they also have cloaks

adoxa : Well, I thought I had taken all files, but it seems there are still some SDK files left. Still, I'd like to keep the cloaking. Maybe I can figure out how I can do this without crashing

• Yay, I've figured it out. Remember that spew message about HpConnect on the cloak?

Well, i checked the 3d model used for the cloaking device. It didn't have an HpConnect. I added it and now it works