Unable to fully remove a mod

• I tried to download the Shattered Worlds mod a while back and wasn't able to get it to run properly so i figured I'd just forget about it and uninstall it. It's been almost half a year since then and I was rummaging through my game case to find Freelancer. After a bit of reminiscing I figured I'd play it for old time's sake, just some campaign single player. On the title screen it still has the graphics as if it was Shattered Worlds, but in the bottom right hand corner it says "1.0" as if there's no mod. I remember having this problem a while back last time I tried to play and just gave up entirely. I went into my registry editor and deleted everything with the words "Shattered Worlds" in it and it's still messing up the title screen.. Anyone know what might fix this?

• Title screens are stored in DATA\INTERFACE\INTRO\IMAGES. If you still have Shattered Worlds there, you've probably got other files, as well. Probably best just to delete your Freelancer folder entirely and reinstall.

• lol.. oh trust me i've done a clean install multiple times, and i recently found out it's not just the title screen. Certain ships and commodities are available, but their name doesnt show up.. it just says "IDS". For example i can get the ship that resembles the "Patriot" on Manhattan that isn't available on the unmodded retail copy of Freelancer, but i can only see that it's called "IDS".. and the music is different from retail version, as well.. i dont want to reformat just to play this game but I don't know what file that mod would have installed on my computer that wouldn't have been inside the freelancer directory so every time i delete freelancer it stays on my computer..

• so i think i fixed the problem.. after uninstalling freelancer i went into my registry editor and did a search for "Freelancer". last time i did this i only deleted the single string that had the word "Freelancer" in it. This time i deleted the entire file (using common sense not to delete files with lots of other data in it that referred to other games and such, but still deleting that one string of information). I'm playing through it now, the Main Menu is back to the default retail copy's main menu and Manhattan doesn't have any strange ships that aren't in the retail copy. Just goes to show some mods need to be more user friendly in the installing and uninstalling process.