Discussion of Rules and Guidelines

• I do apologize I thought I had locked that forum, there has been alot going on so I will move all posts here,

but to answer a few things real quick, I am sure there are options to turn sigs and or banners off, once again these are eye candy. . .options that have nothing to do with getting the db or the stability of the site up and going will deal with them later
    I have disabled sigs on purpose to make the site simple to navigate and get around for now.

things will get change as time progress's, thank you all very much for your input and ideas.

MentalChaos

• What the hell....

I have disabled sigs on purpose to make the site simple to navigate and get around for now.

Since when did a one line signature make forums hard to navigate???

• oooppppsss I do apologize once again I thought I have transfered all the posts from the rule's to here but I made a mistake,
    sry please feel free to throw them again.

MentalChaos

• I agree on keeping Sigs' disabled.
    I'm a member of a stargate-focused community, and a single post takes up the entire screen of my 19" widescreen TFT. -and thats using full-screen view in the browser - 1440x900 [which is a bit*h to set my desktop to since it isn't a 'standard' screen size. pfft all 19" wides are that.)

• Quote from "Alex Mcpherson"

I agree on keeping Sigs' disabled.
    I'm a member of a stargate-focused community, and a single post takes up the entire screen of my 19" widescreen TFT. -and thats using full-screen view in the browser - 1440x900 [which is a bit*h to set my desktop to since it isn't a 'standard' screen size. pfft all 19" wides are that.)

just tell them to pls reduce the sigs.
    I agree that there can't be limitless sigs that take up 2 screens, but ~200px sig can't hurt.

For example, this is my sig on SWAT Portal:

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck Norris?
    w00t there's a party in my head and noone's invited

Only it's centered. And noone has any problems with it.

• thats far too big. id go with like 600*120 sigs only, or 600*100 and 2 lines of text. the best thing with phpbb3 is that you can set it to specific requirements

• Btw Mental could you pls add "center" BBCode?
    It's under Admin Panel -> Posting -> BBCodes -> Add A New BBCode

1st form:

Code
    1. [center]{TEXT}[/center]

"center" can also be "align=center" (w/o quotes) or whatever
    2nd form:

Code
    1. <div style="text-align: center;">{TEXT}</div>

you can change this to right, left or justify too
    and the {TEXT} needs to be there :)

• I have added sigs, and some other options, I will see how things go I have set the sig banner to 500x 150 seems to be fine and 1 link below that, I really dont feel ppl need to have every site they are an admin on, everyone belongs to one main one , and the rest is for ego. so check your profiles again and add what you like I will add the bb code asap i was actually trying to do that a few days ago but never got around to it, I was trying to use it, lol oh well.

• Quote from "Mentalchaos"

I will add the bb code asap i was actually trying to do that a few days ago but never got around to it, I was trying to use it

just follow my previous instructions :)

• hey, MC, can you set the sig limit to 700x150? my sig is of this size, and I can't resize it due to natural probs (well, it will be ugly if smaller ^^)

TIA
    FWbr

• okay Fire_Wolf_br,

I have moved it to 700 but I would like to your banner I would prefer not to go over 600 let me see what it looks like and we will go from there.

MentalChaos

• As someone who cusses like an angry pissed-off Scottish sailor, whats the cut off point for cussing on the forums?

I rate it in 5 levels...

level 0- is like "Fiddle sticks" or "slobber mouth" or "stupid" ya know stuff your 5 year old would treat like a swearword.

level 1 is like "crud" and "dang"

2 is for words like "crap"

3 is for "frikkin" "frakkin" "goram" etc...

hay is for horses

and 4 is for the three and four letter words that we all know and I think aren't allowed here.

lol

• Since the other thread is closed, and this one is the one in question, could we get a correction on the spelling of the subject please? ;)

Proud owner of a MacBook: 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120 GB hard drive
    Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

The time has come, Join The Resistance!

• yeah yeah , I noticed it the other night, I have just been busy I should have some time tonightfor other things as well.

and Dodge no cursing is the best example ;)