Strange Issue: Federation Shippack 2.3

• Hello, i have played on Federation shippack 2.2 for a loooong time, actually improved quite some canon issue with equipment being very un "Trek", but now i found out by accident that there is a 2.3 Version with several new ships, well, made a save of 2.2 and installed it.
    Pressed the activate Button, and BAM...error

Error: FLMM has determined that 'Federation ship pack V2.3' won't properly activate.
    Error: Unable to find section '[Trigger]'(...) in 'C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\data\missions\M13\M13.ini'

I really dont have an idea what could be causing it...
    I'd really appreciate it if somebody knew a solution, or give a hint at some other good star trek mod.....

( And btw. i hate it if programs dont have an override function, i mean eh....how stupid is it that a computer will denie an intelligent lifeform full control...well maybe greatest misconception of the 21 century)

greez ...a really annoyed Psycopyro

• Open FLMM, click tools, and click restore backups. Then reactivate the mod. Make sure you delete any saved games as well.

Proud owner of a MacBook: 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120 GB hard drive
    Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

The time has come, Join The Resistance!

• First thing i did , second was a installation fix...maybe im gonna try a full reinstall now.....or maybe...hmm i think i forgot to run the 1.1 updater on freelancer after installing it on my new pc.
    I try that next

• the error report has told you were to look
    "[Trigger]'(...) in 'C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\data\missions\M13\M13.ini"

back up and replace M13.ini or delete it if you want to play mp
    then try to activate the mod again

this will only affect you if you play sp missions

• Hmm another thing i tried a long time ago..i appreciate your efford, but thats too obvious ;)
    Hmm i guess i will have to continue my search for a good mod or learn some modding and fix it.

• well, I don't know modding at all, but I do have a fix. :D

go into your mods folder then into federationshippackv2

open up Freelancer - Default Starting Ship.xml in notepad

scroll down to the bottem and delete ...

Umm... Well I deleted it so I can't show you... umm...

There is a part that mentions M13.ini. You want to delete that section.

open up the mod manager again (even if it is open close it and open it again to refresh) and install the mod. It should work it you did it right. Now I don't know what that block of code did, but I have made it to the ashcroft mission no problem.

Hope this helps someone

• Quote from "jakinbandw"

well, I don't know modding at all, but I do have a fix. :D

Based on the code, it works fine if "Open Single Player" mod is activated so it gives you the T9 shuttle at start. But yea, if you want to do the storyline, then either delete that part, or " - " it out of the code so it could be used later.