Flrebalance & IFSO Help

• Errr yes. I´ve made progress since my last post and have debugged the data files so that I don´t get any file load errors reported by FLSO (seen when you view or edit player, under the logfiles tab). Still trying to wrap my head around which file to put the data in. If you have shield generators and fusion injectorsd in the shields file, then they quite often overwrite the shield field in the IFLSO screen when you edit a player. I moved these to the misequipment file ... and sure enough they appear in the MOunted equipment screen instead. I´ve also acheived this with kit like Long Range Scanner, Heavey Tractor Beam etc .... but modifying these in thge Mounted equipment screen gives unpredictable results. Still it does give a better view of what a player has mounted and ALWAYS displays the shield they´re using. I guess this is just a conflict between IFLSO and the way Rebalance adds all the extra types of kit ... I guess IFLSO just can´t cope :-) If anyone interested I could offer the modded data files for IFLSO up to Lancers for download ??? Any interest ?

• if thats the program that you use to edit the money, cargo, weapons (in the unmodded game) and all that stuff. id like to know how also since rebalance is sthe only mod i run now.

• Well first you need to install IFSO version 5 (I assume you already have that). NExt download and unzipp the IFSO data files for the rebalance 3.40 upgrade 2.1 (they´re on Lancers somewhere). Make sure you unzip the files in the iron cross server operator directory, and not a subdirectory. If you´ve done that then you have around 90% of the data. The next step is just a matter of trial and error ... when you edit or view a character you´ll see a file load erros tab. Click this and it lists errors for theplayer. Some of these errors will cause IFSO so show "unkown" in fieds (like shipname) and sometimes it just causes a field to be blank. THe next step is to look at the file view and scroll down till you see the numbers list in file load erros. This will give you some idea if the number relates to a shield, cargo, weapon etc. It´s then amatter of working out what the character has (I have some test characts I use). To add an unkwon item (once you´ve worked out what it is) you edit the relevant .txt file in the Iron cross folder and add a line. As I said I have files with a few additions and alos moved some stuff betwen files.

• Not as far as I know ... that´s why I described the process I´ve been using to work out the missing ones. Takes a little time... bu the major change is moving the shield batteries, shield capacitors, fusion injectors, extra armour etc. in the misc equip.txt file so that they don´t mess up the diaplayed values for shield, engine etc.