AIDS - awareness

• go spider!! i think we need pics like this, if we have some guy just saying "you dont want aids son, trust me" people are like "whatever". Everyone, regardless of who they are, need to make their mistakes themselves and if someone tells you not to do something, until you do it, you have no idea how much you REALLY dont want to do something. its not a case of "well my dad said dont so im not going to" anymore, people can and will do anything, and for the large part, more power to them, but with something like this, its something you cant come back from. i think you need to be stark. -arc Edited by - Arcon on 5/14/2005 12:08:13 PM

• The greatest problem is not in the West, where HIV/AIDS is perhaps on the rise, but rather in the developing world--most notably, South Africa and India. A small rise in percentage here is insignificant compared to the literally millions of people in Africa and Asia that are dying from it painfully, horribly, and without the relief we have to offer in the West. The program of abstinence propaganda to date is failing miserably, and condoms cost the equivalent of two weeks worth of food. Programs such as the one Paul Martin (Canadian PM) put into place to get cheaper relief drugs to those in need faster are helpful, but so far not nearly enough to stop the disaster. The situation is horrible. Edited by - Wilde on 5/14/2005 12:24:28 PM

• why do we need powerful imagery? because we are so bombarded with imagery all the time via the media (all of it) and our lives are so frantic that any message has to be overkill to get through. look at the don´t drink and drive ads on the run-up to xmas every year now, they get starker and more gruesome every year? why? because it has to be so powerful to sink in and stick, we have become so desensitised to imagery of violence, death, disease and of course sex, both in fact and fiction. it´s a good ad, and cleverly it puts no onus of blame on either sex. No doubt the puritanical types will rant on about shameless lewdness and bestiality corrupting people blah blah blah but if it saves someones life by making them think then good job i say. (i as going to mention the situation in Africa too Wil;de, but all I need to say is that I agree with you completely. the AIDS problem there is a continental disaster, not a local health issue; it has decimated the population and will do so for a very long time.) Edited by - .Tawakalna on 5/14/2005 12:31:42 PM