Hint to new guys

• To find minable areas, check your Navmap with the "minable zones" filter on. Any areas with a brown background are minable. These are usually asteroid or debris fields. To actually mine, go to a minable area and shoot the small rocks that are drifting around. Your crosshairs will turn white and start spinning whenever you point at one of these rocks. You won´t get something everytime you shoot a rock though, so you can spend a lot of time for very little profit. Much better to just do missions for various groups. Hope this helps.

• Thoroughly explore particle fields, especially large ones inhabited by crimnals. When you encounter an apparently random radiation area, it´s generally a wreck. Additionally, following your cruise, scan your navmap for Red X´s, which represent wrecks.

• Outcast you cant mean that system thats nuts it would be cheaper to buy than mine there. I think this topic is already going to spoilier but a great thing to mine is gold in a system with the adandoned battleship. Qoute:Hmmm- My spoofy sense is tingling. If something is worth a laugh then its worth your time.

• I disagree. Mine at the last Tau system, You get very nice loot for practically no cost, if you are neutral with the Cardamine addicts... Officer! I swear to drunk I´m not God!

• He has a point though. I DOES stink, I mean, Hanging out for 20 minutes to pick up twenty pieces of ice, just isn´t my style. Picking up diamonds IS nice, but takes far to long. Smuggling Cardamene is more fun/time efficent/proffitable. And if your not buddy buddy with the Outcasts already, then mining isn´t any safer than smuggling. Elloquint enough? ;-) Some people are like slinkies. They don´t do anything, but you can´t help but smile as they tumble down the stairs. Edited by - Chupa on 7/9/2005 9:16:37 PM

• He only has a point if people are too impatient to do it. I like taking a break and mining every now and then. And it can be profitable. I just have an objection with anyone who makes blanket statements about things. You can always say that you don´t like something. But just to say across the board that something is bad because you don´t like to do it is not proper. And it might deprive someone who is new to the game from trying something out he may actually enjoy. Remember it takes all types.

• Refer to my earlier post. To YOU mining is a waste of time. There is money to be made mining, just takes longer. Profit margin is even higher. Most people just don´t have the tempermant/patience to do it. I have made some nice money mining and I also find it fun and sometimes relaxing from other aspects of the game. The reason a game is made with so many different things is so it can appeal to many different people. When it comes to things that are not morally right or wrong, then it all is just a matter of opinion. By the stated in the previous post, you could also say that freightering is a waste of time because you can actually make money faster running missions once you get a VHF. But a lot of people like trading. So if you have an opinion that is cool. But it should really be stated as an opinion. Not as a blanket statement.