Halo Movie News

• most film director´s aren´t idealistic artists, Wilde, they´re industry professionals. Jackson now has a track record of big-hit successes, he made the previously unfilmable LoTR into a worldwide blockbuster, King Kong looks fantastic, ergo he´s going to be at or near the top of any list for big-budget effectsfilms, as are WETA who I consider to be as good as ILM. quite probably PJ will make the thing watchable* - who would you rather have, Lucas? ah, he doesn´t do work for other people now. that´s because he can´t direct! *that doesn´t mean I´m keen on the idea at all, films based on games are invariably dreadful. Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, AvP, Wing Commander, they´re all dull as dishwater and completely predictable. I´m sure PJ will do the best job he can with the material available but if its just to be the game as a film with the usual flimsy plot, then I´m not interested. If PJ gets the control and does a bit of background, then it might well have some mileage.

"for once, i`ll actually tell you what i was thinking; but maybe i won`t have anything to say.."

• I think it all depends on how much influence PJ will have on the script and the directing. At first there were rumors of him directing the film, but now it´s officially announced he´s attached to the project as an Executive Producer. However, keep in mind that the project doesn´t have a director yet and anything is still possible. I mean, I doubt PJ will direct the movie himself (he´s going to direct Alice Sebold´s novel ´The Lovely Bones´ as his next project), but the fact he himself is attached in combination with the excellent WETA Digital team, might attract some interest from A-list directors instead of the usual B-list directors. Still, it´s hard to say any respectable A-list director will want to be associated with a videogame adaption, but then again, nobody expected someone like PJ to be drawn in either.... Time will only tell I guess.

• sorry i misread it, indeed he is *executive producer* - my mishtake. so he´s doing Lovely Bones is he? that makes sense, he does have a penchant for the macabre. Mrs Taw reckoned it was the best novel she´s read for years. I fo8und the subject matter rather repugnant but I have no stomach for such things.

"for once, i`ll actually tell you what i was thinking; but maybe i won`t have anything to say.."

• The lovely bones was a good book, somewhat depressing... But I see what you mean, Taw. *submits to reason*