Freelancer Mod Manager Unable To Activate Mods Windows 7

• Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums but have been an avid player of Freelancer since 2005.

I have recently upgraded my computer system to Windows 7, Freelancer it self has installed successfully and so has the Mod Manager.

But for some reason, when I click "Acitvate Mod", it says it was unable to do this. Please see attached screenshot.

When I go to view the report, the file will not open.

Any support would be fantastic! :]

Yours,

Brownie

• Thanks everyone!

Yes, you were partly right....I am the only user on the system so I am default Admin, I found that if I right click, then properties, then compatibility, and set it to run in compatibility for Windows XP SP3 it runs fine.

Thanks again :)

• doesn't always mean you're default admin. if you ran safe mode there'd be two accounts, ADMIND and your username. That's what "Run as administrator" means.

• doesn't always mean you're default admin. if you ran safe mode there'd be two accounts, ADMIND and your username. That's what "Run as administrator" means.

Ah, fair enough mate, I don't use Windows that much, just changed from Ubuntu to see what it's like.

• Plus, to skip this step, check "Always run as Admin" in the file properties under the Combatibility tab. So you only have to click yes at the UAC

• Not recommended. It's a security feature after all. I did deactivate it under Vista because there it was really annoying. But in 7 it's not so bad