Manually Writing Systems

• Like several others, I got lazy when trying to make custom systems and using the FLExplorer. But with what I'm trying to do now, I need to know how to write manual systems. And not just copy this, paste that, but references.

• The POS numbers, are they in meters, kilometers, squids, what from where? As well as are the atmo range in this measurement too?
    • How are spins figured? What's the math behind those?
    • Rotation and coordinates (POS), is it X,Y,Z or something else?
    • What does the difficulty level of an object determine specifically?
    • How does the navmap scale number work?

If I'm missing anything else, please help me out here. Thanks ahead of time.

• patience, patience

1. distance is not clearly set, it is close to impossible to say if it is measured in meters, miles or whatever
    i would say none of those fit to FL measurement as it clearly depends on the size of the object... hard to believe that a planet is just 1000km big while a starflyer has the size of 15km

2.+3. FL systems indeed use such a coordinate system while the z is the high, x horizontal and y vertical -> x, z, y
    0,0,0 is the center of the map
    negative values are allowed (which actually is the only way to set coordinates in all 8 sectors of the system)
    Spins/Rotations are calculated in the same way -> 20°on the x axis, 10° on the z axis, 15° on the y axis -> 20, 10, 15

4. the difficulty level on objects are actually pretty much useless
    difficult levels on stations that might soon on you is definied via pilots

5. nav map scales is just the size of the system shown on the nav map, objects can still be far out of the navmap
    its just like a zoom factor
    you can make it smaller or bigger depending on how big you intent do create your system
    scale 1 is if i remember correct the size of new york