Old Evo Versions

• I used to play EVO servers way back when the univers expanded into EVO. I played with pilots such as: NRR-SPQR Fabius Maximus, Aukon loke ( Best fighter ive ever seen)(Last seen playing a Starwars mod as a Seth Lord lolz ), Rubber Draco and I was NRR-SPQR Sanguis-Pugnator and NRR-Damnify you might remember some of them names...Anyawy Im trying to relive a few good days of early EVO especialy the version which had twin torps and thrusters on the Ravenclaw and Trident (Love them ships :))

Do you know where i can get that mod and or any server that runs it?

If anyone has info or links it would be great
    Helo yo Mr Chips Sir :) Maybe you can help :) Anyways whishing you and all a great New Year

My email is
    magog1 at virginmedia dot com

• Howdy :D

There's a 1.40 version which has a server (I was not involved with development, but I think they built from the 1.30 release). They seemed like really nice guys - check them out at http://hal2007.eu/?lang=en

Here may also have them but it's hard work searching (*edit* Searched, nope, they aren't here). I did see here also has the 1.29 Guild Evolutions (nothing to do with me, was never even told - but I believe they used 1.28 as it's base though?). My own site has 1.30 and 128.17 just for people to play with if they wish. However, I think dual thrusters may have been 1.27 and maybe 1.28 at a stretch.

As for finding the ol SPQR guys, then all I can suggest is trying via here: http://z4.invisionfree.com/Hal…oServer/index.php?act=idx and see if you can find them via email or pm to find where they are now (if they're still playing).

I think Fabius had an account on this forum here though, so maybe his email is still active if you can find him? They used to have a forum, but I long ago cleared out all my bookmarks :)

Happy New Year - and if you want any help, just shout :)

• Hello,

i'm working on 5th version of Evolutions 1.40 so i can tell you some info for imagination.

Chips has right. We build it on Evolutions 1.30. Diference between 1.30 and 1.40 is large.

First i want to say thanks to Chips and Pathfinderstudios and peaplo who helped us:

Hal2007 Team with support of n*o clan
    Rick,Korki,Majdy,Widowmaker,Death Killer,WOLFik,Lord of The Hell,PadL,Fake Target,

Evolutions 1.40 includes:

fixed bugs which i found
    dynamic asteroids
    stations and cap ships have shield
    stations and jumps can be disable for 5 minutes
    rebalanced weapons
    rebalanced ships
    rebalanced shields
    rebalanced power boosters, shield generators, main power units
    redone missions(Missions for team of people)
    added some new systems and factions
    some new staff(ships, weapons etc.)
    redone NPC: In missions using missiles, torpedos, mines, CM and repair them selfs. NPCs are divided to seven difficulties(very easy, easy, medium, hard, very hard, extremly hard, nightmare)
    power capacitors, tractors, scanners can be dropped into space
    more intros in menu exactly 12(3 original, 3 Evolutions, 4 planet scapes, 2 scenes from singleplayer)
    and more which i can't remember now

When i'm testing new version i made some videos. These vidios are out of date, but still can preview diference.

1200 flaks vs 28 fighters 6:40 minutes: YouTube
    - ‪1200 Flaks vs 28 fighters.mpg‬‏

New missions preview 15:00 minutes: YouTube
    - ‪Fight in Freelancer Evolutions 1.40 v5 Beta‬‏

Lord of The Hell

• I have the list of changes, but it is in native language. This is a copy of changes listed in game:

Maybe is important to say that you can control your ship in turret view by using keyboard setting for control. And also we solved problem with "dancing battleships". Every munition for rockets, torpedos, mine etc. occupies cargo hold and you need energy to fire.

• I remembered something more: "increasing spherical damage around star". That means if you flying to star core the damage is increasing.

First damage is 100. Second is 1000(damage is summated:1100). Third is 10000(11100). Fourth 100000(111100). Fifth is 1000000(1111100). Sixth is 3000000(4111100). So battleship with hull 8M can't stand it.

• Well i think i had to remove some zones from "exclusion zone" from Asteroid field and Nebulas. Also i think you're right. Well, source code is the key to break the limits.

Player docking to battleships is possible, but player can't undock at all. Problem is that player's battleship isn't linked with base file, so player that is docked is in black room with only one choice - undock. When this try to use, his game will crash, because game don't know where he is(there is no link to base - no spawn point). It's same as if you use "beam" to only singleplayer base(like Battleship Osiris). There is one different - the base. FLAC will link player's ship with base. This is the best way to make dockable player's ship.

With source code there are many new choices.