Tweaking asteroid field loot (server side)

• Hi,

I'm relatively new to Freelancer modding, so please be patient with the noob question. :)

I'm running a Freelancer server (with Discovery mod) on a dedicated machine, and would like to tweak the settings for asteroid fields to change the loot that is dropped by mined asteroids.

When I make changes to the asteroid_field.ini files in DATA/SOLAR/ASTEROIDS and restart the server, the changes are not visible to clients logging into the server.

Is there a step I'm missing to cause the server to push the new asteroid data down to the client? I know that different servers have this feature without requiring clients to download a mod.

Any help is appreciated.

Keith

• Answer is correct, however, you are also correct that there are servers, like Discovery RP Relax, that dont require a seperate download of any kind, to get neobium in the driftwoodasteroidfield located at f6 in pennsylvania system, so, I would see if you can contact the server gm's or see if relax has a webpage for possible answers to your question.