Computer From Hell Tech Support Needed

• For almost four years now I've had an HP Pavilion DV9000 that has given me nothing but hell since a month after my warranty ran up. To prove my extent, I once took it to my computer guy to see why it kept blue screening while trying to install an OS and after a week he even told me the computer was possessed. Anyways to my point.

After thinking it finally kicked the can months ago, I found out the screen just wasn't working as well as one of the two HDD were bad when I had a thought of what may have been wrong with it. Well I have an external screen plugged into it and the display works, but the monitor on the laptop doesn't show anything even though the backlight still works. Everything else works fine too, so I'm wondering what I should look for to fix that original screen.

• Probable. A friend of mine had this problem too. Turned out that his Notebooks cooling fan and heatsink were all dusty and didn't cool enough anymore

• it doesn't feel hot though...hm...I'll break it down and see. Never thought of that. The other thing is though that out of the 20 odd attempts to get it to work, installing the video drivers has fixed the display twice, otherwise it just frags. And even when it does fix it it only works for a few hours.