Hello to everyone...

• Hey, as they say better late than never.

I've browsed through these boards before but never registered. Been playing Freelancer since the demo came out many ages ago. Still think about it from time to time but haven't been able to play it since I "upgraded" to Win7.

Anyway just wanted to say hi and that I'm looking forward to talking with many of you in the future.

Anyone know if there are any Freelancer mods that are operating in other game engines???

• Hmm, I don't suppose there's any further concrete info on that is there?

It's just I've been taking the initial steps in seeing what it would take to make a sequel in Unreal Development Kit. No small task to be sure. In fact such a thing would take years, however if there's no one else doing a project I think it's the least I could do for this fantastic game. :)

• I personally will stick with FL as the we by far have not reached the limits of that engine and i personally dont want to wait several years for a halfway working solution.

Better step by step improvements of what already exists than waiting ages for the big impact.

• I personally will stick with FL as the we by far have not reached the limits of that engine and i personally dont want to wait several years for a halfway working solution.

Better step by step improvements of what already exists than waiting ages for the big impact.

Well the problem with the original engine is that it lacks some of the new graphical solutions that could really push it into the modern age. It's an incredibly old game engine. However I am curious if anyone's been able to add in things like bump mapping through code into the original engine at all?

• Overall, if it was possible to just take all the assets from the original game, remodel them w/ increased poly counts + normal maps & specular, increase texture resolutions, and basically give it a complete facelift, + new rendering tech, then I'd be all for sticking with the original engine...course by that point it wouldn't exactly look like the original engine, but obviously it'd be a heck of a lot easier, and more cohesive than trying to build from the ground up.