Looking to get back into Freelancer, not sure where to start.

• Hey there,

I go pretty far back as far as Freelancer goes. I played the campaign, loved it, and then got into the multiplayer quite a bit. A couple of buddies and I found "Asgard" to be the most compelling mod. It didn't alter the feel or flow of the actual game too much, but made the universe feel way more deep and intense. Roleplaying on the server was encouraged and happened a lot, but was absolutely not a requirement for play. Most importantly, compared to a lot of the mods we tried Asgard felt *balanced.*

I notice that Asgard doesn't exist anymore, and so now I need to find a new mod to play with. Most important is obviously mod quality, but the second priority is a big and involved multiplayer universe. Based on what I liked about Asgard, what mods should I look at? Or, maybe if there's something totally different from Asgard but that is really awesome, and you think I would like that... what would that be?

I'd love more than just recommended mod titles, though - brief descriptions or explanations of what they're like and why they're cool would be great.

Thanks!