THE Forbidden Subject

• The thing is that players can't see you! ;)

I'm using the cloak in my mod on a specific ship type (scout), so it would be nice to make a special HP type for it.

Anyway, how did it almost kill Freelancer? The terrible gameplay? :huh:

• to extend that, they would camp outside the player start point and pick new players off, they would cloak and uncloak back and forward so even if they were out gunned they'd still win. Just stupid shit like that.

• You could try and contact the guys from the Hamburg City Server. they've got cloaking in their server mod. But only for specific ships and you cannot fire while cloaked + for a short interval after uncloaking. I also runs for a limited time only. Afaik

• You could try and contact the guys from the Hamburg City Server. they've got cloaking in their server mod. But only for specific ships and you cannot fire while cloaked + for a short interval after uncloaking. I also runs for a limited time only. Afaik

Yeah... I can't because w0dk4 hates me...
    Anyway, I use it for specific ships too, and not being able to shoot is a vanilla feature. Limited time, I'm not sure about it, I think its programmed in the vanilla INI.

• Whew I remember the problems with cloak mods Very Well. As a server admin we had a few people who had a cloak, in fact a team of modders wrecked havoc on the server for close to a month, The server owner wasnt around much so the only real way to combat these guys was by overpowering them, which didnt always work well. At the time dropping a mine was the only way to find them, if they were close to you lol.

There were numerous types of cloaks, but most of them that i seen were quick sneals,,,, mine a rock outside the pitsburgh field which would leave a gun, mount the fun and turn on or off the gun in your weapon box turned on or off the cloak. There were other methods of getting it past a few servers but i dont recall them, eventually, and surprisingly one of these modders gave me a working cloak which we modded into our server side, it was really helpful cause When you are cloaked, Only other cloaked players can see you so when you seen someone inspecting you, you knew they were busted. Same cloak concept worked on the star wars mod, dunno how differnt it was but it seemd to work the same in my opinion.

As a half assed modder ive played with the cloak many times trying to find ways to make it effective without being overpowered but since that time im not sure, all ive accomplished was a long cloak-decloak period whihc made you weak and drained your energy and took all your inventory space but nothing i think in the ways of secure for a server.

Which leads me to something i said earlier, Cloaking can be used but when enough people have it, of different factions, youll still end up seeing each other, cloaked players see cloaked players, Too many players with it and then back to square one.

Anyways id love to see a working cloak that wouldnt disadvantage servers too much.

• Do it the old fashioned way...

Short scanner ranges except for certain classes of vessel, no buyable scanners... Turn off the auto-brackets round non targeted ships, so no more "hey theres a pair of ship brackets over there in the shadow of that asteroid..."

Then, paint the ship black!

Stealth, they cant see you cos your ship is black, you're out of range of THEIR radar and you're not moving, engines powered down...

The old fashioned way... lol

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...

• FLAC does cloaks well. Players CAN'T see other players, no firing when cloaked, can set a timer on it so it decloaks automatically and no firing during the cloak/decloak part either. Admins can see all players with cloaks on.

• FLAC does cloaks well. Players CAN'T see other players, no firing when cloaked, can set a timer on it so it decloaks automatically and no firing during the cloak/decloak part either. Admins can see all players with cloaks on.

The latest FLHook has it too, doesn't it? I remember theres a feature of a cloak timer, and no firinf is a default feature anyway.

@OP: Fix the problem with the smileys. :rolleyes:

• A guy called Eagle made FLAC, there is no team as such and he is the only one who can tell you what the story is with it, on the Eagle Utopia forum. I admit he's been quiet for a while now but, there's plenty of us who have full versions of FLAC and still run servers with it

• A guy called Eagle made FLAC, there is no team as such and he is the only one who can tell you what the story is with it, on the Eagle Utopia forum. I admit he's been quiet for a while now but, there's plenty of us who have full versions of FLAC and still run servers with it

Soon enough FLHook will become better anyway.
    BTW Eagle is his first or last name?