• Was poking about the tutorials section the other day, decided I might as well make an account.

Freelancer history is fairly short, I bought FL after a friend told me about Discovery, and I've been playing there since. Well, minus my various bans for trolling. *shrugs*

Was a member of the Freeworlds: Tides of War Devteam as a Roleplay Developer (read: Writer) until just recently, leaving due to my own lack of drive. Still very much looking forward to it, I nearly messed my pants when I got SVN access, and it certainly lived up to expectations.

That summing up my FL history (Only been around for nearly two years, perhaps), myself and a friend from Discovery have decided to start work on a mod of our own, which you can read up on here if you're feeling bored. (If you'd like to help, feel free to reply here if you don't have a The Star port account)
    It's a daunting task, given our total lack of modding experience, but between the with the people and resources available on The Star port and TLR I'm sure we can get the help we need, to get the mod done.

I guess that about sums it up, thanks for having me I guess.

PS: The 'similar threads' popup dropdown thingy's text is nearly impossible to read, for whoever has the power to change that. It's basically white on white.

PPS: What's profane about The Star port's Acronym?

PPPS: Okay, this is pretty lame. Seems like the an admin has a vendetta against a certain Freelancer community, which makes it mighty hard to introduce myself (Third time's the charm!)

• Hi there, and welcome to TLR =)

Let's just say that there have been heavy tensions between TLR and The Star Port due to certain events in the past. I wont elaborate this here as everyone is tired of that subject.

The similar threads is perfectly readable for me. White text on dark grey background

• Right, well I'll put my neck out here and say that censoring it is only detrimental to FL modding. A lot of great stuff comes out of the regulars there, and when it's a pain to mention them here it's segregating the information that should be easily accessible for all.
    I'll also note there's no sort of TLR censor on the star port, so it seems rather childish.

However, I'm not here to discuss Freelancer politics.

The similar threads I was speaking about is the one that appears when you give a subject to a new thread, not the one down the bottom which I agree is fine.

And thanks for your welcome!

• Id like to introduce you a new point of view.

Since the beginning of 2008 every TLR admin has been treated like a public enemy by T.SP
    I am admin number 4 which is treated that way now.
    The day that I took over TLR from the previous admin team in order to rebuild this community was the day that certain people over their started a campaign against me and TLR again.
    Content that we submitted to T.SP (news) was never posted. Videos (2 vids of my mod) and other content refering to our work aswell as a noticable amount of links got removed from there for unknown reasons.
    So please dont make the mistake to say that censoring over there does not happen.
    It does happen and we just did react on that fact (yesterday).

Fair treatment should happen in both ways and not just in one way.
    I can clearly understand your point that we are all part of one large freelancer community and i wish that this would be true. But as long we are getting treated like a 2nd class community we wish to defend out interests here at TLR.
    Unlike on other places we do not wish to talk bad about others or spread stuff about others that is not even true.

We would love to see you contributing to our community just like we others do. We do it here at TLR and dont refer to other threads on other communities and tell our members to go there.
    You have to understand that T.SP grew to the community that it is now because they asked TLR members to leave from here in 2007 and 2008. We would like to help our members here at TLR instead of sending them to other communities.

I hope you can understand our concerns and we hope that one day the difficulties between the communities are getting resolved.

• Bob!!! The man of steel!! Never thought you'll come here... Well, welcome to TLR!

BTW good to know Kawaiilancer is finally getting some work on! I was sure its just another wasted idea.

• Given I just noticed something, I thought I'd reply to OP a bit;

T.SP has links to both TLR and SWAT (Which I understand is the community your mod calls home) on every single page.
    'Content' which I assume to be News articles on your mod, and the videos do not speak at all for a supposed vendetta against TLR.

You say the vendetta is against the admins of TLR?
    Well, that's fine.
    Essentially what you're doing by censoring T.SP here is bringing the entire community into the fray (needlessly, I might add).
    What is apparently between the admins of both communities should stay between the admins, I don't see what you hope to achieve by making your users suffer along with you.

• censored or removed "content" speaks for a vendetta against what stands behind it
    so do flames, threads where I get accused of stuff that i have not done, insults and numerous other verbal attacks against me as person and against TLR

TLR is part of the SWAT Portal as it gets hosted and adminstrated from there and none of the sites or user do suffer.
    The sites of the SWAT Portal have more registered members and daily visitors than any other FL site out there. And if someone censors SWAT "content" then he receives the same treatment.

e.g. when T SP starts linking to TLR instead to the T SP FL Archives, that they host against our permission (that archives are TLRs content and property) then we can talk about linking back to T SP
    but since the request to link to TLR (where the FL archives actually come from) was denied by T SP, nobody from there has any right to complain
    T SP refused to link to TLR in that cases and kept hosting the TLR content (which is a violation of copyright terms if I may add)
    even linking to the SWAT Portal does not happen; instead the posts got copied and re-posted at T SP
    what about the user of certain software? Projects of the SWAT Portal not allowed to use certain plugins from the T SP administration (fortunatly not all plugin writers make a difference between us and them)
    so lets sum up: lost news, removed videos, taking the TLR database and hosting it instead of linking to its original source (TLR), copying threads from our forums to repost them instead of linking to them and denying the use of specific software from T SP
    at this point i need to add that there are still ppl which try to convince TLR users to leave to T SP

that we dont want to have anything to do with T SP is the logical consequence