Freelancer: Continuum is looking for capable people!

• Continuum is a newly started modding and story effort by the recently formed FCD Team, also known as Freelancer Continuum Development Team. Our basic goal is to create an open Universe for a player base up to two hundred elements, which is the server restriction of Freelancer, in which the players are the ones who dictate how their character will develop and live within the Sirius Cluster by following a roleplay interaction between them. This isn't meant to be another player versus player mod, but a very immersive roleplay environment in which the word catastrophism can define everything. Nothing and no one is safe in space, not now and not in the future, space is a thing that man cannot control yet.

But be aware of the new dangers of space, dangers like the criminals making a living out from pirating traders and miners, wars between Houses, or even more present and terrifying, space anomalies ranging from general radiation to neutron stars and black holes.

What is the story?
    The story is more dark and deep in Continuum, a story in which a happy end rarely happens in the events occuring in Sirius. A black hole as a result of a failed experiment of Liberty, a civil war in Rheinland, the danger of a greenhouse effect system-wide in Leeds, Bretonia, or the random criminal that awaits merchant vessels in order to pirate them.

The other fact that you should be acknowledged about is that fact that The Order perished during the Nomads Wars, every single element went down with the Osiris during the siege of Planet Toledo. The Nomads are known to have inhabited the Edge Nebula, will fate mark you as the chosen one to save humanity once and for all? Or shall you fail miserably?

What is the center element in this mod?
    Catastrophism in the very meaning of the word. If you don't manage to control your fate, it will end that the fate will control you, leading you to discover unknown and deadly places, most times of which will be fatal.

What are we looking for?
    We are currently looking for modders, including system editors, fuse editors, coders and graphical artists, aswell for speciality modders.
    Modellers, hitboxers and texturers.

Even a minimal knowledge of a skill is enough, since the overall plan is to become better and extend our knowledge through mutual cooperation.

You can easily join our general chat-room on Skype, contact me on this Skype ID.

Who should we thank a lot?

The Lancers Reactor and the SWAT Team for a lot of their support and feedback for our mod.

• Kuze is currently busy with Continuum, and I won't share someone's Skype ID without him having allowed me to do so.

• I might be interested in System building. I was highly active in the Uberlancer project, but haven't done anything much after that. You can see some of my work in Pictures by Hamarahakki - Photobucket

Take a look at that, it's not organized blaah-blaah, but if you think there's something you like, then we can talk on. I'll be 53 in September, so my attitude may be different from most involved. I don't like chat, I just do what I do, I'm somewhat a lonely wolf. I'm a Photographer by profession, specialized in Architecture and Milieu. I have 3D in my head, like a CAD. But, I'm not very technical, really.

My time is also a bit limited, need to do something for a living, and I'm a moderator in UESP.net, as Andere. Anyway, Freelancer is still my Big Love, and I would be pleased and honored to participate in something that gets it further.

Finally, would I have written this unless I meant something?

Cheers. :)

• Greeting

I personally know you from the USEP wiki, since I am a diehard The Elder Scrolls fan aswell.
    And you may personally know me if you visited the Nexus Forums. I changed my user name there to Alduin (guess why).

Now lets go down into the Freelancer affair. Continuum is a project that requires cooperation between the team, Skype is mandatory so that we all have a meeting place, we talk about ideas and then we implement them. Don't worry about the hassle on a chat, it's almost non-existant due to having different chats for different sections (Audio Development / Modelling / Lore Development etcetera). There's no need for a webcam or a microphone if you are worried about that. The only think that you'll need with us is, Skype, Freelancer Explorer (avoid using other system editing tools, since I found out that they have an annoying bug on them, like having [BASES] before [SYSTEM] in the .ini structure) and some free time.

Don't worry about the limited time, I know that life should come before a game. But consider this a hobby done by people to keep active a marvelous game, that is Freelancer.

If you are willing to accept the conditions above, welcome onboard.

Regards,
    Claudio D'Azeglio
    Project Leader for Continuum