Unable to join my server

• Recently I've started using a tutorial, and talking to various people, to learn how to use Freelancer Explorer. I decided to test what I had made so far, so started FLServer Version 1.0 Build 11 up and made my own server (with my mod activated using FLMM version 1.3). I can see the server but am unable to connect to it in neither LAN nor Internet. I'm eager to solve this problem and have tried everything I and people I could contact could think of, so any suggestions as to what the problem could be would be appreciated.

Something of note was the jumbled IP Address I see for my server. I don't know if this is normal for servers you've hosted yourself or not, but I haven't seen any IP Addresses for FL servers resembling this: Image of this here.

My operating system is Windows 7. Please avoid technical talk as to be honest I am very inexperienced regarding this sort of stuff and won't know what you're talking about.

• You need to enable port 2302 on your router, and you should get the global server workaround . Then the issue will be solved.

Download the global workaround here: Freelancer Multiplayer Server Statistics

I've already talked to you about your response on Skype Claud.

yep
    however i would suggest using openSP to do such tests

I appreciate the advice. I tried to use SP to test the mod but all it does is start storymode again. How can I use SP to test mods?

I've found a thread on the Discovery forum made by somebody facing exactly the same problem with the same operating system. Hopefully his instructions will work. Thanks for the help guys - I'd still greatly appreciate being told how to set it up to test using SP if that's all right OP.

• I found one and tested it. I was able to use SP mode. Are there any tools you would be able to recommend I download to allow me to control things in the game i.e. beam myself around Sirius to check systems?

• Also, if you refresh a few times it will generally fix itself, without opening the port or anything.

Obviously not a fix, but it works.

Basically, you can connect so long as the IP is displayed, not if the string of characters is.

• I downloaded the command console as suggested in the post above and the 1.1 FL patch. The console didn't seem to work in SP, but I decided to test the MP method again with this patch. Turns out the patch means I can use the MP method and I really can't be asked to continue trying to use the SP method. Thank you all for your helpful advice.

• Did you add an entry to the [Library] section of /exe/dacom.ini to load the console.dll ? I can't remember if there is a readme with that plugin or if the install instructions are just in the cpp files header...

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...

• Did you add an entry to the [Library] section of /exe/dacom.ini to load the console.dll ? I can't remember if there is a readme with that plugin or if the install instructions are just in the cpp files header...

Yeah, I didn't know what to do once I had the console so checked the readme. I placed it in the Libraries section of dacom.ini and in the Freelancer EXE folder.