Banned from the original TLR??

• I accidently typed the adress with .com and I was surprised to find out that I'm banned from lancersreactor.com for the same period of time I got banned from T-SP.

Whaaaaaaaaat???

• Two TLR's...

One on the old URL
    One on a new URL

Which is the 'Original' ?

Simple Test

Login Name AestheticDemon, password ********************************

Response: User not found would you like to register...

Not TLR

Response: Welcome back AestheticDemon, you have been a member for more than 72 months...

TLR!

Can you guess which one this is?

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...

• Yeah, thats this one, a site isnt just it's domain name, or even some old old posts, its the members, the login details etc.

If somebody bought a domain that was [the other place].something, stuck a load of old posts from their site leeched with some site ripper app, and headed it up with a web logo that looked a bit like theirs, would that be the real version of the site?

Swat aquired the REAL TLR from the previous owners, this isnt a partial site rip with a cloned logo, stuck on a historic domain name aquired by opportunity in an auction.

Welcome to the One, True, Original TLR... :D

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

• Well if you're going to be technical about it, neither site is the original TLR.
    .com is the old domain, and .org is just a copy of the archives and users put onto a new domain.

Both .org and .com are continuations of a stupid age old argument, that neither side cares to give ground on because of egos.
    Anyone with half a brain ignores it and just moves on with whatever they're doing.

In the end, both places have useful information, and people who can give useful information. It's a shame it can't all be in place, but y'know, whatever.

• A community is more than it's url or an archive of old posts...

This place has continuity, if you were a TLR member way back when, you still are... you can log in, not get told 'hello stranger, please register at [the other place]

This is TLR.

Personally I never understood the conflict, and don't want to, it's childish, but fact remains, THIS is TLR, the other site with our name...

Thats just a tribute museum to our glory days, before the rats deserted what they thought was a sinking ship.

It's flattering that [the other place] has gone to so much time, effort, and of course, expense, to build a shrine to what we were, but thats all it is.

Continuity of Community... That's here.

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

• I totally agree with Aesthetic. Therefore the survival of an old game like this its the community. And if there are so many issues and argues about something ... irrelevant that happened into the past, there appears the split into "two sides" of the original community, which is the opposite of continuity. This whole thing of the old domain being "revived" it's .... total crap really. There is only one TLR. Which is the http://www.lancersreactor.org. No more no less.

• Its amazing how a small talk that could be done in one or two replies, lit the fuse to a bigger discuss, and might continue to grow even bigger.

This fight between the communities started just like this, and see where it went: On one, the other's leader is "the one who shall not be named", and on the other, the first one is "the domain that shall not be linked". It might end with blood...

Eventually, it will tear the game apart and that will be the last time we will ever hear of it. Is that what we really want?

Sorry OP, admins, I just had to.

• @pb... there is a rift between the communities... yes
    and it cant get deeper

however... actually you should be glad that we handle things different here
    over there you are banned

bob
    technically THIS is the original TLR
    The ownership went from Bakedpotato to Mentalchaos, then to AzzA and finally to me. Some people claim that the .org is not the original one just because it was not the first domain. Fortunatly the ownership of a site is not bound to the domain extension, it is bound to legit rights (which is reason why that other side uses a different logo). The content of the old TLR was copyrighted but not to the .com domain. The .org domain next to that was created at a time that MC was still active here at TLR... permitting AzzA to run this site. MCs post here on the forum are proof of that.

However... the most important reason why this is the original TLR are the members which keep it alive.
    The use of the .com domain over there for sure has not lead to a noticable arrival of new players there nor has it lead to any disadvantages for the TLR community.
    Having that said... we should probably change the topic.
    I guess we all have something more constructive to do.

• That is what I meant in mt last post actually. But, well, I changed the subject.

@OP: Well, if you remember I was at SWAT before T-SP (and I was quite a diggy then), So I knew I can trust you in case something happens. "Its just good to meet you, King (OP) "