• Been suffering some system problems yesterday and today...

Every so often, my system does a 'scheduled system power down', trouble is I didn't schedule it...

Trouble started yesterday evening, I can clean it out with a system restore, but it comes back. When? After I visit FL web communities...

Times of attack starting and web browser history match up too damm close.

Clean system out, runs fine for hours, start my web connection, visit my regular non fl sites, no problems, visit an fl site, 5 mins later, scheduled system powerdown...

Damm thing keeps changing its reference code so I havn't been able to find the line in the registry, it's a bitch to have to do a system restore after reading the latest posts on amodding site.

I'm pretty sure it's some toad trying to put me out of action, ans for who and from which site, thats unclear at this time.

Gah!

Anyone got any ideas for finding this crud, in my copy of win 7, I'd appreciate it, my av found nothing, no iffy exe's or new dll's, its a straight registry hack messing with scheduled tasks to do the dirty, trouble is finding the right lines to kill, when all you have is a hex code thats no longer valid as the task removes it self when it runs and adds a new task to the list to do the same thing if/when you power up again... I can kill the countdown timer task with task manager, but means I have to keep a constant eye on tm watching for an unknown task to pop up on the list.

Whats worse is the notion that its an FL player who is doing this, and since I havnt heard of mass power shutdowns, it's almost certainly personal, and thus almost certainly because I use this site and somebody doesn't like that.

Ho hum...

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...

• Did a quick google, tried this?

Otherwise you're sounding very paranoid.

Giving that a try, been running fine for 3 hours since the last restore, went down while I was typing a reply to your post... fingers crossed eh!

8 restores in 36 hours, only visited 3 sites in the time period, all fl related, was running no problems for 36 hours plus before that, then blam every 5 mins unless caught it in time with task manager...

Better paranoid than with a machine that shuts down every 5 mins...

*sigh*

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

• Touch wood, its running now, sevral restores later...

Saw a russian coded thing like this but worse a few months back, used the browsers regisry access to schedule tasks to run the dos attrib command to set the whole of c drive to read only system hidden before popping up a javascript 'ms security window' telling you your drive had failed click ok to reboot...

Went through av firewall and all like a chainsaw through smoke...

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666