Star Trek - Warp Speed Mod

• Thanx Lancer. My next step seems easy on paper and Im hoping it all goes to plan. Im editing the uniforms now, giving them a voyager look as these are my fav. starting with Trent and SF, using this as a learning stone then Ill look into other uniforms like vulcon, romulan and klingon. If anyone knows where I can find good high quality pics of these....

• Ok now when I export trents MIPS.tga file using UTF it wont open. keeps coming up file error unknown string? I exported the file as MIPS.tga and have also tried MIPS.jpg still no luck, any ideas?

I did say it would be easy on paper....

• Ok iv done my first Uniform. So far its the best I could do as there are loads of texture files when changing the uniforms. I hope you like it as its up on my facebook page. If anyone understands the textures better and wants to help me out Id be happy to accept. theres no major time limit.

So check it out and let me know what ya think.

P.S. if you like my work please click like on my FB page it helps attract attention from ST Fans

• Ok, freelancer stores images in one of two formats in utf files...

in the textures subnodes, you will see either a single MIPS or several MIP0/MIP1/MIP2 etc...

MIP and a number, are images in tga format, so when you export them add a tga extension.

MIPS are images stored in microbloat direct draw surface format, DDS, and can be in one of a number of different dds compression formats, dtx1 and dtx 3 are both used, don't know about dtx 5., so add a dds extension when exporting these files.

TGA versions of images will be vertically flipped compared to their dds versions, important to remember if you dont want the textures loading upside down in the game.

EDIT, hehe swat beat me to it, must type faster...

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...

• Nice that website is just what I needed, thanx for the link Drake.

Cheers OP im still gettin used to the dif texture formates. I think its a good job iv alocated a year for the mods completion as i can only endure one uniform change a day lol

why did microsoft use so many textures for 1 model. I modded EA Fifa manager 09 and they used 1 tga file for their texture kits and it was so much easier??

• New desktop pictures uploaded to facebook. Only one 2day but Im hoping to have a few more up by next week. pictures are Jpeg 2560 x 1600 so they will fit nearly all desktop res. Sorry if your res mad, the pics should still look good I hope. If anyone has any problems let me know ASAP so I can get it sorted without having to re-do to many pictures lol. Hope you like - Enjoy. Any ideas of good pics welcome.

Check them out here: http://www.facebook.com/home.p…-Game-MOD/108206095941207