Help on a mission for getting the no mad power source

• hello all, i no the game has been out for ages, so for give me.

i have played it before but the computer keepped crashing so i cant get my old saved files, anyway...
    i now got the freelancer on my laptop,..
    and it works ok, the only problem is the game wont get passed the no mad power source collecting, eg were u have go and get the no mad power cell. the mission will basicly it keeps playing but it doesnt give me anymore missions details like now to get the power cell. once its got in to the mission,,

heres my report.

play the mission, and then it tells u to fly to the waypoint, i do and nothing happens. afterwards. and then next and i have read the manual and so on and asked others, and they said that the mission should do like fly to waypoint, then the next detail of ojective should be to destory the shield generators, and then fly in the centre of the no mad mother ship, i dont get that.

can anyone help

i aint using any mods. using 1.3 SDK with 1.1 patch installed...

i really help on that cheers...

:ssorry:again apologizes if this is old a bit and also i am late ate completeing the missions

kind regards

• i gathered that my friend but the problem is when i goto to do it the shield is there i cant get though, and what i was told that the objective should tell u to destory the shield generators on the outside, but i dont get that.. i have reinstalled the game eg uninstalled, cleared the reg, and done a 1 click maintence with tune up, deleted the freelancer game folder and app data and saved games, but still no joy, any other suggestions

Mission 12
    Osiris, Omicron Beta
    This next job is another suicide mission, so arm your ship as heavily as possible. Your goal is to retrieve a Nomad power cell from an old Nomad base. Trust me, whatever Orillion says, it won�t be abandoned. And to top it all off, the rapidly destabilizing jump hole means you have a 10-minute time limit! Let�s go.
    Head for the waypoint marking the structure; you�ll be mobbed a minute later. Once you receive the order at the top of your screen, attack the nearest shield generator with everything you�ve got. You�ll have to blow up two more after that to drop the shield blocking the entrance to the structure. Once the shield�s down, fly to King�s waypoint at the top the structure, then fly down into it. Tractor in the power cell and keep going to the waypoint to exit the structure�s other side. Activate your cruise engines, and run for the jump hole.

After Entering the Nomad Lair
    On the other side of the jump hole, you�ll have to destroy a sizeable Nomad fleet before you can continue; Van Claussen will turn up again to help out. Head for the waypoint marking Planet Toledo once the coast is clear, and dock.[/b]

the text above is the bit i am on about i dont even get any objectives to the mission only fly to the waypoint all the rest that is above eg destory the shield generators and then enter the lair to tractor in the power cell. do you auggest anything on that why i dont get those...
    ???

• Couple of thoughts... that mission has some heavy handed scripting, the shield generators for example are invunerable untill AFTER the npc talk thru, only then can you blow the things, soooooo, if you get ahead of the script, it might not trigger the right sequence at the right time, can't blow the generators, cant procede, get no more nav points or instructions, try restarting the mission and sorta hang back do-nothing you don't have to mode untill they plainly tell you to get in there and mix it..., otherwise, it might be a corrupt script file, but you did a re-install? that should have taken care of it if that was the problem...

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...

• Well, I first played the game without any SDK and it all worked fine. BTW few weeks ago when my house was in renovations I played the storyline again on my laptop. Had no problems at all. Are you sure the SDK you downloaded isn't damaged?

Anyway, If its your 1st time theres a lot waiting for you to see.

BTW it isn't a mothership, its a lair. And its "nomad", not "no mad", although it kinda fits your problem's concept... (theyre not getting mad at you for stealing their power cell)

• I wouldn't be so cocky over someone's knowledge of a language, PB. That sounded rude, since I'm sure that he already saw how Nomad/s, Lair and the other stuff are written ingame. But anyways, I suggest that you play without the SDK, since from what I think, it'll probably mess aroound the main quest mission .ini/s.