Windows 7 Server Issue

• Ok im having issues connecting to a server I have ran on my system under win7. I get what looks like a mac address in the ip bar. when I click on this it just locks up. iv tried disableing Ipv6 and it hasnt worked. I have no idea why win7 changes the address for this game?

Anyone know how to fix this problem as its stoping me from testing my mod?

• yep. theres no issue if i run it in xp its just win7? It gives me a totally different IP e.g. db90::21b6:1734:...... have no idea how to get it to look for my ipv4 address? I double checked ipv6 and it is disabled?

• right I tried the refresh button but it did no good. Still has the funny IP code instead of my ip. starting to think Microsoft will never make a OS that runs with games like XP did. even there own software has issues lol even if that software is old now it would still be fully compat. Think im gona just re-install XP on this machine so I can run it server side here

• As far as I've ever seen, opening port 2302 and disabling ipv6 solves the problem.

All I can say is perhaps you've missed a step somewhere or the like.

But if you're reinstalling XP then it's no harm I guess, unless you've got a large amount of RAM or sommat. :P

• no just the 1. iv just fin re-installing xp anyways. Thanx for tryin though. nope my pc only has 2gig so xp wont change much lol and to be honest my PC works better with xp

• Go into the virtual memory settings and set the pagefile to 2 gig as well, rather than letting xp muck about with it dynamically, it will run better with a fixed pagefile, and windont wont put the extra 2 gig in dynamically unless things get really bad, which is too late.

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...