Intro Screen

• I'm fully aware of the TGA format thankyou. This imaginary world you live in is clearly a place only you can get to. Show me where i've called you a liar as i haven't done so. You're just making this up and i don't take kindly to it tbh. You want to act like some kid then that's up to you. It's people like you that ruin this community and i'm sick to death of attitudes like yours. I hope this game dies a death very soon and take arrogant people like you along with it. I'm done with this community one and for all. All i'm doing is trying to help the guy out, instead you're just confusing the crap out him. Nice knowing you all!

• Seriously now, why all this cockyness around TLR these days? Nobody needs to leave because of a discussion had over a Forum, I'm not siding with no one here, but seriously.. this is a community, and we should act as such, helping eachother out. I don't want to sound rude AD, but everytime that you reply in a thread a general war erupts out. And I don't think that this is a reason to leave Gibbon, labeling us as a 'bad' community.

Spuder asked help, at least avoid going off-topic.

• First was Continuum feedback, now it's even the simplest request of help ? I began to see AD that you are causing each single conflict on these threads, no offense. If something is contradictory to your "experience" or "methods" you begin rage war, and useless argue with the person in cause. Why did you start this anyways ? You could've said in a few lines like Gibbon and Folgore did, instead of showing your background history ( as always ), your methods, with some rude and arrogant lines. You showed your version, Gibbon, Folgore, showed theirs. Simple ? The guy who asked for help can make a choice for himself doesn't he ? Even OP agreed with Gibbon, and what you did ? Began the most powerful flame war (totally useless) which conducted to the loss of a member. I think you are happy now. Oh and... yes I am straight.

@Gibbon

No need to go on that extreme mate, remember, there is something called "ignore" ;)

• First was Continuum feedback, now it's even the simplest request of help ? I began to see AD that you are causing each single conflict on these threads, no offense. If something is contradictory to your "experience" or "methods" you begin rage war, and useless argue with the person in cause. Why did you start this anyways ?

Spuder asked a question, I attempted to answer it...

You could've said in a few lines like Gibbon and Folgore did, instead of showing your background history ( as always ), your methods, with some rude and arrogant lines.

See post 5 and post 7 of this thread, "a few simple lines" as requested, before Gibbon and Folgore chose to comment...

You showed your version, Gibbon, Folgore, showed theirs. Simple ? The guy who asked for help can make a choice for himself doesn't he ?

Check the thread, I gave my version, Folgore gave his, as he is entitled to do, no question. Gibbon

Gibbon launched into me, claiming there is no alpha, then claiming I was 'on his back, then boasting of his experience, then posting that the alpha he said wasn't there, was there and didn't need to be deleted, then reposting my suggestion to use uncompressed 32 bit rgba, then whining like a kid caught with his hand in a cookie jar, and having a temper tantrum.

Even OP agreed with Gibbon,

Posting an opinion several posts before Gibbon started, it not 'agreeing with Gibbon', other way round.

and what you did ? Began the most powerful flame war (totally useless) which conducted to the loss of a member. I think you are happy now.

Not really, I didn't start with the 'you know less than me, I'm experienced, you know nothing get off my back' crap, check the thread.

Oh and... yes I am straight.

And? Relevance of that statement is what? Who said anything about you at all let alone if you're straight or not?

@Gibbon
    No need to go on that extreme mate, remember, there is something called "ignore" ;)

I think he knows that, he uses it on facts...

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...

• Spuder I appologise since your thread has been lost, but try and do this:

Open up photoshop and load the image you want to use as a new intro image. Make sure the image mode is RGB and image size 800x600. Then open startupscreen.tga from Freelancer directory and duplicate Alpha 1 channel from it to the image you want to use. Save your image as startupscreen.tga with settings: 32-bit and Compress RLE off. Do the same for 1280x960 version but name it startupscreen_1280.tga. Then open your image again, this time save it as startup_16.bmp with 24-bit depth (and repeat for 1280x960 version bmp too with name startup_1280_16.bmp).

I tried this on my installation and it worked.

• You attempted to answer, ok fine with that, but don't start to make lolrage because of what ? Different values and different stuff each other uses ? From you point of view you are right, from his, he is. Two different approaches, two different opinions, no need to wage war to prove who is right and who is wrong. I am not in the position to say who is right because I do not know anything regarded that issue that Spuder asked. But I don't like when a simple question starts rage between 2 members, and even more, when it goes beyond. Don't need to prove your background knowledge don't need to do anything else, speak properly because we are all capable of understanding, as far as I know. And AD, as I can see, Gibbon didn't pushed you in the first place, all began because of some tga stuff. Now really ? Was that all worth it ?

• 'Opinions' and 'Approaches' are well and good in matters like politics, or role play, or praising a sports team...

We are talking about file formats, the ORIGINAL UNMODIFIED VANILLA files distributed by Microsoft, on the install disc are uncompressed, 32 bit, rgba tga files. It's not a matter of opinion.

Spuder has posted that he has tried uncompressed 24 bit rgb tga's and they did not work...

I know this might sound like a crazy 'rage war' idea, but, maybe he could try the SAME file format as the original files...

As suggested in post #7 of this thread...

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

• First of all you should start to realize that all of us came here to help each other and enjoy modding. Nobody here woke up this morning and said "I want to argue and cause harm to anyone".

24bit... 32 bit... thats the matter of freaking out?
    Are you serious that you want to argue over something that is totally unimportant.
    The different results might be caused by different tools or tool versions. But even that does not matter.

Does the image work with 32bit and white (unused) alpha channel? Yes
    Does the image work with 24bit? Yes
    So what are you argueing about?

BOTH ways are working and actually it does not matter what the original format is since it doesnt help with spuders problem at all.

• Just got bk online after getting in from my little girls school parents evening and OMG! guys please stop fighting this was not what I wanted when I asked for help. I respect both of your views and information. for the record you are both way more clued up on this than me and I welcome both opinions on my problem. TBH its ok if something you said doesnt work that way I learn, its not like im in a rush to get it finished. I look at all comments and suggestions and try them out. At this point in time nothing has worked. There are a number of reasons this could be and this is why I welcome all points of view.

@ AestheticDemon and Gibbon: you have both helped me out of which I am greatful of. iv tried 32bit 24bit and 16bit and still not worked. There is a chance of it being software or even hardware so im going to try it on different system.

please dont leave gibbon because of my question, this is already a dieing community of which doesnt need to lose any more people. Plus I need all the help I can get ;)

I will download the files first thing in the morning and try them out to see if they work on my system. if they do, we'll all know its something im doing wrong at my end.

I hope this will put and end to the fighting as know one is right nor wrong, its simply a matter of firing suggestions at me of which ill try and give feed bk on after.

• Correction: This community isn't dying because of people leaving from it, but because of the behaviour of certain people in it.

• Spuder, can you attach your 24 and 32 bit versions so we can have a look at them and try some diagnostic experiments? Somebody might spot something you overlooked.

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

• Ok, those files are the bmp's not the tga's but...

I made a couple of 32 bit tga's using your bmp images, dumped em into my r&d mod, activated it, fired up FL, and they seem to work at my end, so I'm attaching a zip with the two tga's and the 2 bmp's, try dropping these into the folder and see if they work ok.

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

• lol opppss didnt mean to send them but anyways I must thank you from the bottom of my heart. THEY WORKED. still have no idea what I was doin wrong though lol

• LOL, beats me, didn't have the non working tga's to look at, no matter, glad you're sorted now, and it only took a min to make up the vanilla style 32bit rgba's, no big deal.

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666