FL10K Mod Anouncement and Forums!

• One evening, just over two months ago, myself (Bobthemanofsteel) and Echo 7-7 were discussing the things we would like in a Freelancer mod. Things like a believable universe, high levels of customisation and a level playing field came to mind. This discussion inevitably snowballed into discussion of how we could achieve this, and eventually began to take the first steps to create this dream. While we were both complete novices (and in most cases, still are, heh), we had the drive needed to get the project up and running.

The past two month have been unrewarding in a visible manner mod-wise, but skills have been gained that will prove invaluable for the months of development to come. Spent mostly deciding exactly what we want to achieve, as well as securing some extra help for things such as graphic design, modelling and texturing. With their help, we hope to forge a mod worthy to sit among the other awesome work available.

The main purpose of this article is to let people know of our existence, and whether you knew beforehand or not, point you towards our new forums.

FL10K Community

Here you can find an overview of the mod, as well as take part in any sort of discussions related to development. It will also serve as the community for our official server (once we get to that far off, distant land).

We don't have a lot to show right now, but we hope to change that in the near future. Regardless, I hope you'll take the time to click over and take a closer look at our dream.

See you there!

-Bobthemanofsteel & the FL10K Development Team.

• I like your dream good luck with it ,just a question tho will ship customization be there? (it would be cool to have that in some way or another)

edit --
    don't know why my text is coming out black , maybe a bug??

;(The end will come when we least expect it, in a blink of an eye.;(

• Thanks Rox!

Apart from obviously being able to have your ship match your faction, we will also have the ability to change your lights (though that's not so exciting these days :P).

What exactly did you have in mind?

• Well i was thinking more like custom parts like wings and cockpit and the works by flac(sorry if it's not spelled like that it's 3 am here and i am kinda sleepy ) commands to change them by /buy and what not , maybe for the future? just a guess on what you could expand on .

edit --

i really don't know any other mod with this to tell you the truth.

;(The end will come when we least expect it, in a blink of an eye.;(

Edited once, last by Rox: flgargn ().

• I'm pretty sure it's possible, though I'm not sure it's really right for FL10K, or even a vanilla universe mod at all.

I certainly like the idea of modular ships, but having them in keeping with the Freelancer universe would be difficult, I think.
    There was a mod someone on T SP was working on that featured this, but I don't think it ever got off the ground due to technical issues.

Regardless, I do thank you for your input, I might throw around some other ideas for modular systems, comms arrays and stuff like that. Any more constructive input is more than welcomed, and if you'd like to spark some discussion on ideas there's a dedicated subforum on the FL10K forums that are linked in the OP, we'd love to have you pop in!