Self Regenerating Armor?

• Ok im wondering in theory, if it is possible to create a script to allow a ships armor to regenerate? I may be completely wrong but would it be possible to copy the shield regen script and alter it to allow the armor the regen its self.

The reason for this is I need to create a more realistic borg race, as borg ships fix themselves, creating a script to allow their ships to slowly heal themselves would make them more borg like.

If anyone has any ideas on how to imploment this your post is welcome.

• A quick search around found a little tutorial to do it posted on the other side of the bridge, unfortunately the troll won't let me cross with a link.
    The tutorial does say it requires FLAC, though. I assume because it uses stuff FLAC implements, but you can always try and see if part of it works. :P
    iirc, my search term was 'regeneration hull freelancer modding' into google. :P

EDIT: There was also an FLHook plugin posted there that regens, but I dunno how well it works.

• armor does not regenerate... armor in FL is a multiplicator for hull hitpoints

so i guess you want regenerating hull... and that is possible
    adoxa wrote a plugin which could do something like that
    eventhough this plugin is probably not 100% like you want it to be it can be edited to work in that way

• I have a plugin for repair weapons so I guess I could edit this to use as the "hull" regen. cheers guys.

I have a few more ideas on the trek lines?

would it be easy to edit the tractor beam to make it look more like a transportor beam e.g. the little blue beam over an object insted of the object moving towards the ship?

Can you make missions such as transporting medical supplys (commods) to a planet in a different system, or set a mission to go and scan an object?

Oh yeah and also is it possible to lock a system to a player that has just been killed by PVP for a time period?? this would be easier than stating that a person should not enter the system for a few hours?

Just a few ideas? sorry if Im going into the impossible its just that the more research I do on Star Trek the more ideas Im getting that would make my mod more appealing.

• hmm
    dunno about tractor beam... never really tried to change it
    i dont even think that the effect is definied somewhere just like normal effects

new missions types should be possible... but nobody ever tried to build one as the structure is a bit chaotic

blocking a system the way you want very likely can be done with flhook only

• Tractor effects are defined, I made one in a different colour once...

misc_equip.ini

[Tractor]
    nickname = a_tractor_01
    ids_name = 0 ;GENERATESTRRES("CargoHaul")
    ids_info = 0 ;GENERATEXMLRES("<xml><RDL><PUSH/><TRA data="1" mask="1" def="-2"/><JUST loc="center"/><TEXT>CargoHaul</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT> </TEXT><PARA/><TRA data="0" mask="1" def="-1"/><JUST loc="left"/><TEXT>CLASSIFIED</TEXT><PARA/><TEXT> </TEXT><PARA/><POP/></RDL></xml>")
    volume = 0.000000
    mass = 10
    max_length = 5800
    reach_speed = 5800
    color = 255.000000, 255.000000, 0.000000
    operating_effect = tractor_beam
    tractor_complete_snd = tractor_complete
    lootable = false

You can set the colour for standard tractor effects with a simple rgb colour value, as for where the actual effect is defined, I havn't looked to be honest, so I can't say if it's in an ini file, or hardcoded in the exe or one of the dll's, sounds like a question for Adoxa, he'd be bound to know...

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...

• Perhape 70% correct... lol...

So the effect refered to just has a type, and a sound entry...

That suggests the effect itself is either defined in the exe/dl's, hardcoded, or perhaps there is a txm file or somesuch for it, or both, sounds like we need one of Adoxa's 'Little Specials'...

To be honest, it never bothered me much what it looked like either ;)

More interesting,, perhaps, has anyone tried using the tractor 'effect' for anything else with any success, keep meaning to try it for a weapon, some sort of lightning field ams or such, but havn't gotten round to it

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

• Just ideas I thought id run by you guys just incase you already knew how to do what Ill need to do when it comes to it. Since im doing a total conversion Mod it makes sense for me to change everything to resemble Star Trek

• LOL Wel, at least you can colour co-ordinate the tractor beams to the races... green for the borg, an official starfleet tractor beam colour, different shades for the other factions...

I'm betting that your 'trekkie' contacts can tell you the starfleet tractor beam colour if asked (along with which episode of which series it was in ;D )...

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

• yeah iv just joined a forum where there are trekkies who are writing 3d episodes of their own so not only can I get info from them but there are downloads there to