Switch To Target Function

• Hi peoples.

Just been replaying old single player games while stationed in china (can't connect reliably to any us servers for gaming) and been having a great time with freelancer lately.

Just a quick question: the Switch to Target function in the lower left hand of the hud (it allows targeting of sub-targets on ships/station such as turrets and engines) and been trying to find a way to add it to quick keys. So far no luck. Does anyone know what it is listed as under controls in the menu?

I've tried Target, Status, and Contacts, and also tried using Goto next sub-target/previous sub target. None of these do the trick and goto next/prev sub target does not function unless in the Switch to Target window.

Any ideas? The function seems more or less useless in SP mode, but I've found a chinese FL server running discovery and it really would be awesome to school these guys with big cap ship and no skill by leaving them dead in the water with a torpedo to their engines.

Thanks in advance for any input that is not pure flaming.

• The key def might not be there, check out a mini mod called 'Gregster Targeting' (if my memory hasn't failed me) I think it's in the downloads section here...

AestheticDemon

Terror Trooper #666

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...

• The next/previous targeting function doesn't seem to function unless I am already in the sub-targeting screen( meaning if I just have regular lock and have that screen with all hostiles listed), and I have literally tried redefining every key in the second column of controls to no avail.

I have found that mod mentioned, Gregster Targeting, and am currently trying to figure out how to add key controls to discovery or even just vanilla FL with the power of google.

Meanwhile, I'm just gonna have be quicker with my clicking i guess, although it does screw with my evasive maneuvering when in mouseflight.

Thanks for all the replies guys, really appreciate it!

• What you are asking is currently not possible. You should be able to select the player, use the key to switch to target view and then click on player's cap ship engines without having to scroll trough all the available sub targets (which should work if the model was designed properly). That could give you some extra time.